From: Knowledge on
Yes,
that is possible. The fellow at Staples told me on the 1st of November
that I would be wasting my money to add that extra 128mb.

He said it would cost around $100.00 and I wouldn't notice any
difference. So I bought a new fax machine that works with VOIP
instead.

I just finished upgrading my computer to XP Professional SP2. I had
been using the original until a couple of hours ago. I had hoped that
maybe that would make a difference, but as soon as I fired up 7.1 it
timed out on two accounts like it always does.

So I'm going to find that "eudora.ini" file that Katrina asked for. If
you see something there that might help that would be great. Otherwise
I'm going to drop back down to version 6.2.5 and hunker down there.

So mote it be.

From: Knowledge on
You're right. All I had to do was click on the "help" thing then click
the long URL for the "data" folder. The INI file was right there. I
never noticed that before.

It doesn't have a blue line, or anything under it indicating that it
is clickable.

Here is my current "Eudora.ini"

[Settings]
Mode=2
UserSignatures=1
CtrlJMapping=1
SeenIntro=1
POPAccount=jsb(a)pop.charter.net
RealName=Jay Skulkan Bushwhacker.
ReturnAddress=jsb(a)charter.net
DomainQualifier=
SMTPServer=smtp.charter.net
PopServer=pop.charter.net
LoginName=jayskulk
ImapDirectoryPrefix=
Stationery=
Signature=<No Default>
LeaveOnServerDays=0
BigMessageThreshold=40960
IMAPMaxDownloadSize=0
TrashMailboxName=Trash
CheckMailByDefault=1
LeaveMailOnServer=0
AuthenticateKerberos=0
AuthenticateAPOP=0
UseWinSock=1
AuthenticateRPA=0
UsesIMAP=0
UsesPOP=1
AuthenticatePassword=1
DeleteMailFromServer=0
ServerDelete=0
SkipBigMessages=0
IMAPMinDownload=1
IMAPOmitAttachments=0
TransferToTrashOnDelete=0
MarkAsDeleted=1
SmtpAuthAllowed=0
UseRelay=0
UseSubmissionPort=0
SSLReceiveUse=1
SSLSendUse=1
SavePasswordText=ZWdnbHRzYmQ=
LastWindowMax=1
LastAgeOff=-14434
PopBeforeSmtpAuthTime=1163568682
LastEmoticon=;-)
SuccessfulSend=1
RegFirstNamePro=Jay
RegLastNamePro=Skulkan
RegCodePro=9162741537758098
MailboxSuperclose=0
AutoOK=1
Alert=0
SetPreviewReadSeconds=1
LastOptionsCategory=22
SetPreviewRead=1
Commercial32Version=16
AdToolbarFloat=0
AdToolbarDock=0
MainWindowState=3
PersonaViewNameWidth=143
PersonaViewAccountWidth=200
TaskStatusStateWidth=120
TaskStatusPersonaWidth=151
TaskStatusStatusWidth=394
TaskStatusProgressWidth=106
NGBase1=1120689720
NGLast1=1120689720
NGBase2=1151936956
NGLast2=1162960622
NGBase3=1120689720
NGLast3=1120689720
NGBase4=1120689720
NGLast4=1120689720
NGBase5=1120689720
NGLast5=1120689720
CurrentTipOfTheDay=32
UseJunkMailbox=0
AskedAboutJunk=6
CheckForMailEvery=30
SavePassword=1
RasCloseAfterDone=0
RasCloseOnExit=0
WarnDeleteUnread=0
EasyOpen=0
NicknameLastActivePropertyPage=0
NicknameViewByIndex=1
QTFilesFilterString=Image
Files|*.sgi;*.rgb;*.psd;*.bmp;*.fpx;*.fpix;*.gif;*.jpeg;*.jpe;*.jpg;*.pntg;*.pnt;*.mac;*.pict;*.pic;*.pct;*.png;*.qtif;*.qti;*.targa;*.tga;*.tif;*.tiff|All
Files|*.*||
MessageFontBaseSize=2
WarnQueueStyledText=1
SendPlainAndStyled=1
LastTextColor=12
NGUpdateCS="212 29 140 217 143 0 178 4 233 128 9 152 236 248 66 126 "
CopyPriority=1
EmptyTrashOnQuit=1
ShowTipOfTheDay=0
FindMsgsCriteria1=Anywhere;contains;forum technologies
FindMsgsCriteria2=Anywhere;contains;
FindMsgsCriteria3=Anywhere;contains;
FindMsgsCriteria4=Anywhere;contains;
FindMsgsCriteria5=Anywhere;contains;
DoMoodWatchCheck=0
OfflineLinkAction=1
FileBrowserNameWidth=100
FileBrowserTypeWidth=80
FileBrowserSizeWidth=45
FileBrowserModifiedWidth=120
MessageFont=Arial
ScreenFont=Arial
ZoomWindows=0
NewMailSound=C:\Wavefiles\femalesayingyournewmailisinxfile.wav
SearchResultsMailboxWidth=186
SearchResultsWhoWidth=150
SearchResultsDateWidth=151
SearchResultsSubjectWidth=335
FindMsgsCriteriaCount=2
ProgressIdle=3
AgeJunkOff=0
WarnBeforeAging=1
IgnoreJunkDate=0
NonJunkToAddressBook=0
Offline=0
SeenPlugins=x2505x
LastKnownCrashInfo=0 0x01C707DB 0x0109CC00
RegData=0
IMAPOfflineQueueExists=1001
WarnEmptyTrash=0
MailboxShowJunk=1
ShowMailboxLines=1
ShowSelectedSummaryCount=1
ReplyToAll=0
SendOnCheck=1
ReplySelection=0
WarnDeleteQueued=0
WarnDeleteUnsent=0
MailboxPreviewPane=1
UseBidentAlways=1
Select Voice={C77C5170-2867-11D0-847B-444553540000}
AddressBookIsWhitelist=0
ShowStatusBar=1
ShowSearchBar=1
SearchBarSearchType=0
TaskMgrWaitTime=0
IMAPAutoPurgePercent=20
IMAPAutoPurgeNever=1
IMAPAutoPurgeAlways=0
IMAPAutoPurgeOnPct=0
SendStyledOnly=0
MinAgeOffScore=45
MinScoreToJunk=41
OpenInMailbox=0
DeleteFetchedJunk=0
DontCheckUnconnected=1
NetworkTimeout=300
NetworkBufferSize=2048
NetworkOpenTimeout=300
NGBase6=1162972683
NGLast6=1162972683
TextAsDoc=0
IgnoreIdleOnManualCheck=0
MaxConcurrentTasks=7
[Personalities]
Persona0=Persona-Close Encounters
[Persona-Close Encounters]
POPAccount=close_encounters(a)pop.charter.net
RealName=Close Encounters Dating Service
ReturnAddress=close_encounters(a)charter.net
DomainQualifier=
SMTPServer=smtp.charter.net
PopServer=pop.charter.net
LoginName=close_encounters
ImapDirectoryPrefix=
Stationery=
Signature=
[...]
SavePasswordText=ZWmQ=
IMAPAutoPurgePercent=20
IMAPAutoPurgeNever=1
IMAPAutoPurgeAlways=0
IMAPAutoPurgeOnPct=0
[Labels]
LabelCount=7
Label1=255,128,0,Label 1
Label2=255,0,0,Label 2
Label3=255,0,255,Label 3
Label4=0,128,255,Label 4
Label5=0,0,255,Label 5
Label6=0,128,0,Label 6
Label7=128,64,64,Label 7
[ToolBar-Bar0]
BarID=59393
Style=32768
ExStyle=0
PrevFloating=0
MDIChild=0
PctWidth=1000000
MRUFloatCX=0
MRUFloatCY=0
MRUHorzDockCX=0
MRUHorzDockCY=0
MRUVertDockCX=0
MRUVertDockCY=0
MRUDockingState=0
DockingStyle=0
TypeID=0
[ToolBar-Bar1]
BarID=318
XPos=0
YPos=-2
MRUWidth=299
Docking=1
MRUDockID=59420
MRUDockLeftPos=0
MRUDockTopPos=-2
MRUDockRightPos=238
MRUDockBottomPos=631
MRUFloatStyle=8192
MRUFloatXPos=1
MRUFloatYPos=66
Style=8068
ExStyle=3889
PrevFloating=0
MDIChild=0
PctWidth=1000000
MRUFloatCX=299
MRUFloatCY=535
MRUHorzDockCX=1024
MRUHorzDockCY=65
MRUVertDockCX=238
MRUVertDockCY=633
MRUDockingState=61440
DockingStyle=61440
TypeID=0
[ToolBar-Bar10]
BarID=59421
Bars=4
Style=0
ExStyle=0
PrevFloating=0
MDIChild=0
PctWidth=0
MRUFloatCX=0
MRUFloatCY=0
MRUHorzDockCX=0
MRUHorzDockCY=0
MRUVertDockCX=0
MRUVertDockCY=0
MRUDockingState=0
DockingStyle=0
TypeID=0
Bar#0=0
Bar#1=65855
Bar#2=65857
Bar#3=0
[ToolBar-Bar11]
BarID=59392
MRUWidth=864
Docking=1
MRUDockID=59419
MRUDockLeftPos=-1
MRUDockTopPos=-1
MRUDockRightPos=863
MRUDockBottomPos=42
MRUFloatSty
From: John H Meyers on
On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 23:32:08 -0600, Knowledge wrote:

> The fellow at Staples told me on the 1st of November
> that I would be wasting my money to add that extra 128mb.
> He said it would cost around $100.00 and I wouldn't notice
> any difference. So I bought a new fax machine
> that works with VOIP instead.

Better to spend money at Staples, I think he may have meant :)

Even this direct retailer of the generally most expensive memory brand
offers 128MB for $25.99, 256MB for $54.99
http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=Dimension+XPS+T+Series

How about 128MB for $19, 256MB for $35 (PC100, vs. PC133 above)
http://www.kahlon.com/rn10027_Dell_Dimension_XPS_T600.html

Probably about half that or less on eBay.

You can install up to 768MB total, and it's very likely
that you would notice more difference than I did with Win2K
(although a new computer is ultimately even better :)

> I just finished upgrading my computer to XP Professional SP2.

From what? Most likely a much less memory-hungry version, anyway.

Task Manager gives some useful info about memory usage.

De-fragmenting might also help (supposedly much safer if file system
is NTFS than if FAT, however, especially in case interrupted).

Good luck!

-[ ]-
From: Knowledge on
That's what I thought too John. I'll take another look at these sites.
At those prices, I think it would be to my benefit to add on up to
768.

The guy at staples told me that my particular coputer would only hold
512.

The specs for the computer indicate 768 I believe. So I'm going to go
with those.

Peace

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 00:29:58 -0600, "John H Meyers"

From: Knowledge on
So why did that brilliant woman Katrina, and that other chap who know
more about Eudora than the developers do ask me to post my
"Eudora.ini"? :-( Itrusted them. Never again! Never again!.

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 09:21:42 GMT, Dennis Lee Bieber
<wlfraed(a)ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> I STRONGLY RECOMMEND you change your account password... Anyone
>reading this group using Eudora could create a personality using your
>login and that encrypted password, and take control of your account.
>(Unless Eudora's encryption function also uses something like the CPU
>serial number, which I doubt as I have moved INI files from one computer
>to another and had the accounts work correctly).
>
>> RegFirstNamePro=Jay
>> RegLastNamePro=Skulkan
>> RegCodePro=9162741537758098
>
> You may have also just given everyone the information needed to
>convert from LITE mode to FULL <G>
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: opeing problem