From: Payton Byrd on
"Mangelore" <fotios(a)commodore128.org> wrote in message news:mUBLh.13423$8U4.3673(a)news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> Rick Balkins wrote:
>> Well, if you had a second one of those converters and wire it up. Then send
>> it to someone in the US to test it. Then perhaps that'll work!
>>

> That's not a bad idea. I'll need someone who has a C128 and Amiga.

I'm you're man! I got several NTSC 128's and a PAL Amiga that runs here in the states on a NTSC power supply. I can test both PAL and NTSC analog modes for you as I use both.

From: Rick Balkins on
I too have a C128DCR (metal case C-128D) and several C128 flats and a few
Amiga comps (A1200 specifically) but money is limited at the moment but
Payton is good.

From: Brian Ketterling on
"Joseph Fenn" <jfenn(a)lava.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Brian Ketterling wrote:
>
>> Joe's Great White Whale was supposed to accept both
>> 40 column (NTSC or PAL) and 80 column Commodore video and convert either
>> to VGA. I think they also wanted to accomodate the video of other
>> "classic" computers.
>
> Yep your Exactly right Brian! Except you forgot about the part
> about "they suceeded in makeing the device for PAL useage, but never
> could conquer the problem with NTSC displays (for the C128 mode)
> that is.

Well, I didn't forget the NTSC problem, but I was referring to their intent.
I guess you could substitute "intended" for "supposed" in my sentence above.

I wasn't following Commodore news for a while, and I guess I missed the
point when the C=VGA project spun to a stop. Are you saying that 40 column
NTSC worked when it was coming from 64's and 128's in 64 mode, but not when
it was coming from 128's in 128 mode? That seems implausible (I hope
VIC-II-generated video doesn't have a secret embedded signal to tell the
monitor what mode the computer is in ;-)! ).

Brian

From: Brian Ketterling on
"Rick Balkins" <nospam.rickbalkins(a)nospam.wavestarinteractive.com> wrote in
message news:B84Mh.370$vV3.154(a)newsfe02.lga
> ...I am addressing Mangelore's part and appeared to
> have provided an interesting input that seems to actually help. That is
> suprising in itself.

Buck up, Rick -- your technical inputs are sure to find their mark now and
then :) .

Personally, though, I wouldn't mind a "for-dummies" synopsis of Mangelore's
project.

Brian

From: Mangelore on
Payton Byrd wrote:
> "Mangelore" <fotios(a)commodore128.org> wrote in message news:mUBLh.13423$8U4.3673(a)news-server.bigpond.net.au...
>> Rick Balkins wrote:
>>> Well, if you had a second one of those converters and wire it up. Then send
>>> it to someone in the US to test it. Then perhaps that'll work!
>>>
>> That's not a bad idea. I'll need someone who has a C128 and Amiga.
>
> I'm you're man! I got several NTSC 128's and a PAL Amiga that runs here in the states on a NTSC power supply. I can test both PAL and NTSC analog modes for you as I use both.

Thanks Payton,

I've sent you an e-mail with further details.

Cheers
Fotios
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Prev: C64 newbie
Next: Commodore 128D disk drive problems