From: Brandon Staggs on
"Bill Garber" wrote on Fri, 19 Feb 2010 11:01:26 -0500:

> You might avoid all of this by simply posting
> your asking prices in the first place. 'Nuff said.

I think there's a website for that. This newfangled thing called
eBay. You can even set the minimum bid to your asking price. And if
they items are worth more than that, you'll make even more. ;-)

--
-Brandon
http://www.brandonstaggs.com/c64.html
From: Dragos on
On ebay, listing things costs money and commits me to actually selling
the items.

Listing here lets me mull over whether I want to part with my items at
any cost.

I know a rough ballpark guaranteed ebay figure. I am not commiting
these for sale per se, But as with most things, there is a price.

(and Yes I know all about reserves on auctions, I am simply not
interested in paying any ebay fees to "test the water")

From: yoyodyne on
On Feb 19, 11:08 am, Dragos <mglad...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On ebay, listing things costs money and commits me to actually selling
> the items.
>
> Listing here lets me mull over whether I want to part with my items at
> any cost.

> (and Yes I know all about reserves on auctions, I am simply not
> interested in paying any ebay fees to "test the water")

You need to review ebay's rules. Don't use a 'reserve auction', don't
even use an
auction. Set it up for 'Buy it now', with the 'make offer' option.
Costs 35 cents, regardless
of what the BIN price is, not bad for 'testing the waters'. Course
you will have to
pay fees based on the actual sale price if you do accept an offer.
The only way
are 'committed' to the sale is if someone grabs your BIN price, and as
already
stated, you can set that as high as you want. More like a garage sale
than an auction.

But you will still have to entertain questions about how rare or cool
the items
are........

yoyodyne
From: Clocky on

"Dragos" <mgladson(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> On ebay, listing things costs money and commits me to actually selling
> the items.
>
> Listing here lets me mull over whether I want to part with my items at
> any cost.
>
> I know a rough ballpark guaranteed ebay figure. I am not commiting
> these for sale per se, But as with most things, there is a price.
> (and Yes I know all about reserves on auctions, I am simply not
> interested in paying any ebay fees to "test the water")

Whilst I can only speak for myself I doubt that many others would be
interested in wasting their time playing price is right games.

From: DanSolo on
On Feb 19, 1:31 am, Dragos <mglad...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Not convinced I want to sell, but money talks.

I feel like that about everything I own actually.
Wow.