From: dorayme on
In article <vtt7v5ppdu5hqute5qtaqqbcjt31vjos3a(a)4ax.com>,
Albert Ross <spam(a)devnull.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

> It isn't intuitive until you bend your intuition into a Moebius strip
> and weld it.
>
> Dorayme is good at this . . .

I was quite good at making Möbius strips, my first to show my
daughter when she was very little. Later, I made some for more
children, one set, in particular, of many entangled into each
other to represent in a reverse abstract upside left inside out
vertically and horizontally reflected way the Los Angeles freeway
road system. Naturally I had to make zroom zroom sounds as I
pretended cars and trucks going around. I was reported to the
authorities for this, captured and hospitalised.

--
dorayme
From: Dr J R Stockton on
In comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets message <f8e7c59f-2d1f-
446a-aba3-81859f9b31af(a)q23g2000vba.googlegroups.com>, Tue, 18 May 2010
06:47:57, Steve <tinker123(a)gmail.com> posted:

>On May 18, 5:30�am, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <PointedE...(a)web.de>
>wrote:
>> Steve wrote:
>> > I did hear that there is a CSS "table", but as so often is the case, a
>> > lower version of IE still in use doesn't support it.
>>
>> What you have heard is probably based on the misconception that tabular data
>> should be arranged with CSS instead of using a `table' element because
>> "tables are evil". �In that case, forget about it.
>
>Nope. What I read is that HTML tables are for tabular data, never
>having been meant to be used as layout grids.

That merely shows a fault in the originators of HTML, who did not think
of occasions where HTML alone would readily produce a suitable layout
for non-tabular material. In some cases CSS can remedy the defect
relatively easily; but often it cannot.

Since they did not produce a <GRID> feature in parallel with the <TABLE>
one - with identical features except for using GD GR GBODY etc. instead
of TD TR TBODY etc., one must assume that EITHER they intended <TABLE>
to be used for layout OR they just were not smart enough to see the
need.

--
(c) John Stockton, nr London UK. ?@merlyn.demon.co.uk DOS 3.3 6.20 ; WinXP.
Web <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/> - FAQqish topics, acronyms & links.
From: dorayme on
In article <Xns9D7D8297762EDarbpenyahoocom(a)188.40.43.245>,
Adrienne Boswell <arbpen(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Albert Ross
> <spam(a)devnull.co.uk.invalid> writing in
>
> > Dorayme is good at this . . .
> >

> Ahem... it's dorayme, the first letter is always lower case.

Thank you Adrienne, I am having to argue about this in another
group at the moment. Recently had the following terrible argument
to deal with (one that boji used to try on years back): At the
beginning of a sentence in English it is the convention to use a
capital letter. I had to point out that a proper name is not any
ordinary world. It has a sacredness in its appearance and its
sound. These latter are its essence and attempts to impose wooden
conventional rule on it are just silly and wrong.

Because I hate personal attention of any kind, not having the
slightest amount of troll in my nature, let me take an example of
another subscriber. His name is sherm-- and now it would be
ridiculous to argue that any sentence in which his name ended
should not show the --. That would be tantamount to not showing
all his name, to changing it and we don't want to do that, do we?

--
dorayme
From: David Stone on
In article <dorayme-AA70D3.08402320052010(a)news.albasani.net>,
dorayme <dorayme(a)optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> In article <vtt7v5ppdu5hqute5qtaqqbcjt31vjos3a(a)4ax.com>,
> Albert Ross <spam(a)devnull.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
>
> > It isn't intuitive until you bend your intuition into a Moebius strip
> > and weld it.
> >
> > Dorayme is good at this . . .
>
> I was quite good at making Möbius strips, my first to show my
> daughter when she was very little. Later, I made some for more
> children, one set, in particular, of many entangled into each
> other to represent in a reverse abstract upside left inside out
> vertically and horizontally reflected way the Los Angeles freeway
> road system. Naturally I had to make zroom zroom sounds as I
> pretended cars and trucks going around. I was reported to the
> authorities for this, captured and hospitalised.

So they probably didn't let you have scissors to cut the strips
length-wise, either once or twice?
From: Albert Ross on
On Wed, 19 May 2010 19:50:17 +0000 (UTC), Adrienne Boswell
<arbpen(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Albert Ross
><spam(a)devnull.co.uk.invalid> writing in
>
>> Dorayme is good at this . . .
>>

>Ahem... it's dorayme, the first letter is always lower case.

i TOLD YOU i WAS GODD AT tYPOS