From: George Kerby on

On 4/26/10 6:04 PM, in article 7v6ct5t25c1s0jujero9irbtqlcdmcfn8i(a)4ax.com,
"Gary Edstrom" <GEdstrom(a)PacBell.Net> wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 01:56:40 +0300, "G Paleologopoulos"
> <gpaleo(a)ath.forthnet.gr> wrote:
>
>> Nice bike, troll
>
> It's not even a good shot of his bike!

You boys are tuff...

From: Nervous Nick on
On Apr 26, 5:55 pm, Twibil <nowayjo...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 26, 3:25 pm, tony cooper <tony_cooper...(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
>

> > Image #2, cropped and straightened and without the motorcycle, could
> > be an entry in the "Wallpaper" Shoot-In.  Shot much closer to the
> > flowers, though.  The dirt road has no interest.
>
> Easy solution, Tony:
>
> Fly to California (State slogan: "We've got no active volcanos just
> now".) and take all the poppy pics you want -leaving out the dirt
> roads- then crop 'em as you choose and enter them wherever you like.
>
> What could be simpler?

You should have stopped and at least tried to capture the scene that
you saw from thirty miles away. Why didn't you stop and do this, when
this was what first awed you about the scene?
From: Nervous Nick on
On Apr 26, 2:53 pm, Twibil <nowayjo...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Was riding my bike back home from Tehachapi yesterday afternoon and
> almost ran off the road as I crested the saddle leading down into the
> Antelope Valley: the entire twenty-some miles of hillside stretching
> between Palmdale/Lancaster and Gorman was painted with huge orange
> swaths of color. (And this was from 30 miles away, mind you.)
>
> I'd seen the California Poppy Reserve in bloom before, but this year
> the flowers absolutely outdid themselves.
>
> So I continued due south until I ended up on a tiny winding dirt road
> surrounded by several thousand acres of blooming Poppies, and parked
> the bike long enough to take a couple of snaps:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/33885727(a)N03/4553183353/sizes/o/
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/33885727(a)N03/4553799196/sizes/l/
>
> Something that I couldn't photograph but wanted to: a pair of Basset
> Hounds who were taking turns chasing each other around through the
> flowers at their best speed.
>
> Why no photos?
>
> Because when Basset Hounds are running around through fields of
> Poppies, all you can see are two madly wagging tails zig-zagging back
> and forth among the blooms.
>
> Short legs.
>
> ~Pete

I love it when people point out things that are not in their photos.

From: Twibil on
On Apr 26, 3:56 pm, "G Paleologopoulos" <gpa...(a)ath.forthnet.gr>
wrote:

> Nice bike, troll

"Troll". Sure.

It should be obvious to one and all that *anyone* who posts a photo to
RPD *must* be a troll. (Particularly when he pokes fun at the typical
self-appointed critics that infest *every* newsgroup: the ones who
specialize in attacking anything they themselves didn't post.)

Oddly enough, though, one rarely sees *them* submitting anything to
share.

Why do you suppose this is, O wise Net-Nanny?

(I'm simply going to have to start ordering my Irony Meters in
wholesale lots.)

From: Twibil on
On Apr 26, 5:26 pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

> > Fly to California (State slogan: "We've got no active volcanos just
> > now".) and take all the poppy pics you want -leaving out the dirt
> > roads- then crop 'em as you choose and enter them wherever you like.
>
> > What could be simpler?
>
> Well, we do have a few volcanoes which are considered active, six actually.

Are any of 'em interfering with air traffic at the moment? Spewing
red-hot lava? Threatening homes and livestock? Scaring the children,
even?

No?

Then they're not "active" except in a technical sense, and you're
simply trolling.