From: Ofnuts on
On 28/04/2010 20:39, Val Hallah wrote:
> On Apr 26, 9:53 pm, Twibil<nowayjo...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Was riding my bike back home from Tehachapi yesterday afternoon and
>> almost ran off the road as I crested the saddle leading down into the
>> Antelope Valley: the entire twenty-some miles of hillside stretching
>> between Palmdale/Lancaster and Gorman was painted with huge orange
>> swaths of color. (And this was from 30 miles away, mind you.)
>>
>> I'd seen the California Poppy Reserve in bloom before, but this year
>> the flowers absolutely outdid themselves.
>>
>> So I continued due south until I ended up on a tiny winding dirt road
>> surrounded by several thousand acres of blooming Poppies, and parked
>> the bike long enough to take a couple of snaps:
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/33885727(a)N03/4553183353/sizes/o/
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/33885727(a)N03/4553799196/sizes/l/
>>
>> Something that I couldn't photograph but wanted to: a pair of Basset
>> Hounds who were taking turns chasing each other around through the
>> flowers at their best speed.
>>
>> Why no photos?
>>
>> Because when Basset Hounds are running around through fields of
>> Poppies, all you can see are two madly wagging tails zig-zagging back
>> and forth among the blooms.
>>
>> Short legs.
>>
>> ~Pete
>
> theres a bike in the way!

Sshh. You don't understand "Art".

--
Bertrand
From: Bill T. on
On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 21:22:58 +0200, Ofnuts <o.f.n.u.t.s(a)la.poste.net>
wrote:

>On 28/04/2010 20:39, Val Hallah wrote:
>> On Apr 26, 9:53 pm, Twibil<nowayjo...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Was riding my bike back home from Tehachapi yesterday afternoon and
>>> almost ran off the road as I crested the saddle leading down into the
>>> Antelope Valley: the entire twenty-some miles of hillside stretching
>>> between Palmdale/Lancaster and Gorman was painted with huge orange
>>> swaths of color. (And this was from 30 miles away, mind you.)
>>>
>>> I'd seen the California Poppy Reserve in bloom before, but this year
>>> the flowers absolutely outdid themselves.
>>>
>>> So I continued due south until I ended up on a tiny winding dirt road
>>> surrounded by several thousand acres of blooming Poppies, and parked
>>> the bike long enough to take a couple of snaps:
>>>
>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/33885727(a)N03/4553183353/sizes/o/
>>>
>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/33885727(a)N03/4553799196/sizes/l/
>>>
>>> Something that I couldn't photograph but wanted to: a pair of Basset
>>> Hounds who were taking turns chasing each other around through the
>>> flowers at their best speed.
>>>
>>> Why no photos?
>>>
>>> Because when Basset Hounds are running around through fields of
>>> Poppies, all you can see are two madly wagging tails zig-zagging back
>>> and forth among the blooms.
>>>
>>> Short legs.
>>>
>>> ~Pete
>>
>> theres a bike in the way!
>
>Sshh. You don't understand "Art".

Sure I do.

Art was this guy I met in a bar once. Who tried to pawn off his
finger-scrawlings in his own puke as something creative and worthy of
admire. Something that was supposed to instill wisdom, thought, emotion,
and lessons in all of humanity in order to get them through a near-death
social fugue from one productive and creative epoch to another. No
different than that bike crapshot, finger scrawlings in his own
self-important and self-serving puke.