From: bs2000 on
I just found an easy way to remove these updates from the list. When using XP
with SP2 double click on the Gold shield in the task bar. When you see the
..net fixes remove the check mark next to them. Hit close. A popup will ask
you if you would not like these updates to show again..Cick the box that is
just below the middle of the message and hit close. That's it your done:)
From: Dave Jenkins on

"bs2000" wrote:

> I just found an easy way to remove these updates from the list. When using XP
> with SP2 double click on the Gold shield in the task bar. When you see the
> .net fixes remove the check mark next to them. Hit close. A popup will ask
> you if you would not like these updates to show again..Cick the box that is
> just below the middle of the message and hit close. That's it your done:)

I am on XP/SP2, but I don't have the gold shield in my task bar - what's up
with that? Anyway, I wonder if what you did is the same thing as "hiding"
the update - do you know? (I've already hidden KB886903, just to get rid of
the aggravation...)

Thanks.
From: bs2000 on
well the first step is to make sure that the patches are being installed!
The secound part is an easier way to hide these updates.
I recomend making sure you have the updates on there first though so fallow
those steps, then hide!