From: Mike on
I can't install the following:
>Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.0 SP3, English (KB886906)
>Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1 (KB886903)

When I try to, I get this message:

Application has generated an exception that could not be handed.
Processid=0x9dc (2524)
From: bs2000 on
Mike, I have the same problem

From: G-Force on
Guys,

I am having the same problem. Auto Update just keeps on trying.

Any clues, anyone?

From: Bill Sharpe on
See the post "One solution to the KB886903 install problem" in this
newsgroup on 2/15.
A lot of effort involved, but this worked for me for kb886903, not for
kb886906.

Bill

From: tablarlu on
See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=824643
and follow instructions
When it tells you to dowload SDK to get Msizap.exe jus go to this article
and use the download link there just to get the one utility instead of the
whole SDK.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301