From: Christian Goeller on
Bob Provencher, you wrote on Tue, 3 Jul 2007 08:10:31 -0400:

> Thanks, that's the sort of help I am looking for... no thanks to the
> so-called MVP's. I'll take a look at your tool. If not, I'll create a new
> profile and migrate my settings over.

I am quite sure the tool will repair the profile and solves the issue
:-)

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller
From: Oliver Vukovics on
Hi Bob,

this is what I ment with:

> You could also try our freeware tool "Public Fix profile":
> http://www.publicshareware.com/outlook-public-fix-profile.html

This tool has a backup function for the registry, so if you "delete" the
wrong entries with the tool, you can "import the old backup registry keys.

Maybe it helps.

--
Oliver Vukovics
Share your Outlook PST files without Exchange: Public ShareFolder

From: Diane Poremsky on
Editing the registry should only be a last resort. A new profile is better
because problems like this often indicate other problems with the old
profile.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
dailytips-subscribe-request(a)lists.outlooktips.net

EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST(a)PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From: Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] on
The more information we have, the more accurate we can be in trying to solve
the problem. Since we have no information, just create a new profile from
scratch. Make sure you keep track of the name and location of the PST
file(s) you need to use.

From: Bob Provencher on
You had all the information I had. Sometimes you have to deduce a problem
from forensic evidence. In this case since I see that these types of
profile issues are pretty common, I'm not really sure how what led to it is
relevant, as the solutions never mention it.

Fortunately the other user's suggestions cleaned up the problem.