From: Bob Provencher on
Recently an error occurred where I was unable to close a PST file... when I
tried it I receive "the operation failed. an object could not be found." I
can't expand the folder either. Now I am receiving this on another folder
that I can expand. I am afraid that once I open a PST I will no longer be
able to close them... does anyone know how to solve this?

From: Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] on
Not without knowing how you managed to do this. "Recently an error occurred"
is completely opaque and tells us nothing. Feel free to provide some actual
information.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

From: Cary Liu on
Try this:

1. Quit Outlook
2. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
3. Locate the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Messaging
Subsystem\Profiles\Microsoft Outlook Internet Settings\
4. Locate the registry key that contains the old personal folders entry,
right-click the key in the right pane, and then click Delete.
5. Quit Registry Editor, and then restart Outlook.

From: Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] on
Except that in Outlook 2003 and higher, it is no longer possible to identify
which key is the duplicate's.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

From: Christian Goeller on
Bob Provencher, you wrote on Mon, 2 Jul 2007 22:15:11 -0400:

> Recently an error occurred where I was unable to close a PST file... when I
> tried it I receive "the operation failed. an object could not be found." I
> can't expand the folder either. Now I am receiving this on another folder
> that I can expand. I am afraid that once I open a PST I will no longer be
> able to close them... does anyone know how to solve this?

Your profile seems to be damaged. Try to repair it with [1]. If this
does not help create a new one.

[1] http://www.olfolders.de/Lang/English/OLfix/index.htm

--
Best Regards