From: Mark Adams on

"Sy Kosis" wrote:

> "Julia Hopkins" <JuliaHopkins(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> : Many thanks
> :
> : The camera did come with software, which I have tried un-installing and
> : re-installing without success. The software does appear to be optional -
> it
> : says-so in the manual, and the camera is recognised by a different PC that
> : doesn't have the software installed. So I am more suspicious of the
> Windows
> : drivers (twain.dll / twain_32.dll) than of the Canon software, or perhaps
> the
> : Registry settings, but not really sure what to try next
> :
> What did canon support say when you told them about the problem? Oh, you
> haven't contacted them yet? Hmmm.
>

> .

Nothing better to add? Are you a Hooplehead or are you just working your way
up to one?
From: Julia Hopkins on
Thanks

No memory card slots unfortunately, but thanks for the suggestion

Canon have said - not entirely unreasonably - that as the camera does
connect to another PC that the issue must be with the PC / OS and not the
camera

Julia

From: Julia Hopkins on
Thanks

I did contact Canon Support as one of my first actions - they said that as
the camera was recognised by another PC, it must be an issue with Windows, so
advised me to contact Microsoft

Julia

From: Bob I on
Just a thought but perhaps it is MIS-recognized? Is there any odd
entries in the Device Manager, for something you don't have?

From: Jim on
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 14:20:52 -0700, Julia Hopkins
<JuliaHopkins(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thanks
>
>No memory card slots unfortunately, but thanks for the suggestion
>
>Canon have said - not entirely unreasonably - that as the camera does
>connect to another PC that the issue must be with the PC / OS and not the
>camera
>
>Julia
>
>"Billns" wrote:
>
>> On 6/29/2010 4:25 AM, Julia Hopkins wrote:
>> > I can't get my Windows XP SP3 PC to recognise my Canon SX120 IS digital
>> > camera via the USB port. My PC recognises other devices via the same USB
>> > port. The camera is recognised by other Windows XP SP3 PC's using the same
>> > USB cable. Any ideas, anybody?
>>
>> If your computer has memory card slots try removing the memory card from
>> the camera and inserting it into the proper slot.
>>
>> I had the opposite problem for a while - the computer recognized the
>> Canon camera but not the memory card.
>>
>> Perhaps a call to Canon is in order.
>>
>> Bill
>> .

Have you tried connecting usb cable to computer then connecting to
camera ?