From: Julia Hopkins on
Thanks

No - direct cable connection between the camera and the PC via a USB cable

Julia

From: Julia Hopkins on
Many thanks

The camera is not even visible in Device Manager - the PC just does not seem
to want to connect to it at all. Does that modify your advice?

Julia

From: smlunatick on
On Jun 29, 4:01 pm, Julia Hopkins
<JuliaHopk...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Thanks
>
> No - direct cable connection between the camera and the PC via a USB cable
>
> Julia
>
> "Jim" wrote:
> > On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 04:25:22 -0700, Julia Hopkins
> > <JuliaHopk...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > >I can't get my Windows XP SP3 PC to recognise my Canon SX120 IS digital
> > >camera via the USB port.  My PC recognises other devices via the same USB
> > >port.  The camera is recognised by other Windows XP SP3 PC's using the same
> > >USB cable.  Any ideas, anybody?
>
> > Is it plugged in thru a hub ?
> > .

Did you also install the Canon software?
From: Julia Hopkins on
Many thanks

The camera did come with software, which I have tried un-installing and
re-installing without success. The software does appear to be optional - it
says-so in the manual, and the camera is recognised by a different PC that
doesn't have the software installed. So I am more suspicious of the Windows
drivers (twain.dll / twain_32.dll) than of the Canon software, or perhaps the
Registry settings, but not really sure what to try next

From: Sy Kosis on

"Julia Hopkins" <JuliaHopkins(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: Many thanks
:
: The camera did come with software, which I have tried un-installing and
: re-installing without success. The software does appear to be optional -
it
: says-so in the manual, and the camera is recognised by a different PC that
: doesn't have the software installed. So I am more suspicious of the
Windows
: drivers (twain.dll / twain_32.dll) than of the Canon software, or perhaps
the
: Registry settings, but not really sure what to try next
:
What did canon support say when you told them about the problem? Oh, you
haven't contacted them yet? Hmmm.