From: Julia Hopkins on
I have now ascertained that the camera is communicating with the PC, but
there is a problem - in Device Manager it says:

"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration
information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged (code 19)"

Uninstalling / Reinstalling the camera software has no effect, nor does the
Device Manager Troubleshoot option. Any other ideas?

Thanks - Julia

From: Paul on
Julia Hopkins wrote:
> Nothing odd in Device Manager, but I did find the camera, along with the
> message:
>
> "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration
> information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged (code 19)"
>
> Uninstalling / Reinstalling the software that came with it had no effect,
> nor did the Troubleshoot option in Device Manager. Any other ideas?
>
> Thanks - Julia

http://support.microsoft.com/servicedesks/webcasts/wc091802/devicemgrerrcodes.htm?gssnb=1

If you

"Click Uninstall, and then click Scan for hardware changes to
load a usable driver."

as instructed, you can look in the setupapi.log file on your
C: drive, to see how it worked. The entry at the end of that
file, should contain info for the reloaded driver.

I can't really test any of that here, as I don't have any MTP
devices to experiment with. So I can't tell you what to expect
in C:\WINDOWS\setupapi.log . Does MTP need an entry in Services ?

I can find an example here, where the addition of some Apple
software might be part of the problem. I don't think this
applies to you, but who knows, maybe you're an iTunes user ?

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itpromedia/thread/84923584-bf8e-49b4-addc-dc5b457d34db

Paul

From: Julia Hopkins on
Thank you

Yes, I am an iTunes user, so there might be something in that. I'm away
again for a little while now, but as soon as I get back I'll work thrugh your
helpful suggestions

Thansk - Julia