From: Katapaltes on
@PA Bear,
That was an AT&T vulnerability, not an Apple vulnerability as originally
reported.

@Harry,
Yeah, people are switching - or simply buying Macs to begin with -
especially students. I run Hackintosh on all my home PCs for better
performance than I can get with Windows 7.

I'm also having the problem described in this thread, and as of Patch
Tuesday, I now have three patches backed up that won't install on one of my
servers. Thanks to all who've posted here.
-Katapaltes

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
If the shoe fits, ...

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
What solution? Without quoting the post you're replying to, who knows what
your talking about?

From: etnadian on
Ok, I am going to post this alternative in hopes that it works for someone
else:
Download the manual install file from:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=5e55ee58-f00a-4237-bddc-492b63a18b96
Save the file then shutdown all programs (IM Programs like MSN and Yahoo,
Outlook, etc) that access the internet. Next turn off ALL internet
communications and disable the wi-fi.
Run the downloaded program and it should install without incident.
Worked for me & I didn't have to reinstall the .NET framework.

(I hope this solves the problem, I can not begin to say how much all of you
have helped me in the past, so this is me trying to give a little back)

"sherlockomes" wrote:

> Running : Windows XP media center edition SP3
> Have tried installing KB979906 a few times and also downloaded update
> manually but cannot install this update. Receiving error 0x643.Is it safe to
> uninstall the .NET Framework 1.1 and re-install as possibly corrupt , without
> having to uninstall/re-install all other .NET frameworks 2 , 3 and 3.5
> including the updates that go with them? ..
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: KB890830 (May 2010) Fails to install
Next: overloaded