From: Rizgar on
Hei
jeg har det samme probleme

From: bkmmd on

From: SJM on
OS - XP Home. I tried the "lazy" solution..worked like a charm. I'd say try
this before going the whole hog on .Net ..cheers!

From: JohnD-H on
I'm using XP Pro SP3. I've got the same KB979906 won't install problem.
I've downloaded a copy of the .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 file, dotnetfx.exe.
If I uninstall .NET Framework 1.1 using the Add or Remove Programs function
in Control Panel, and then run this dotnetfx.exe file, is that what you are
describing you have done that worked?
Thanks for your help.

"SJM" wrote:

> OS - XP Home. I tried the "lazy" solution..worked like a charm. I'd say try
> this before going the whole hog on .Net ..cheers!
>
> "sherlockomes" wrote:
>
> > Hi j: I started this thread looking for an answer and although i recommend
> > PA BEAR [MS MVP]'s solution of complete removal and intallation of all the
> > .NET Frameworks in correct prescibed order as being safest method, i took a
> > risky shortcut (as i always do) and just uninstalled the .NET 1.1 Framework
> > alone and then just reinstalled it again as i am a bit lazy.I was very
> > pleased when i checked for updates the problem KB979906 was there and
> > installed perfectly without a hitch.I have had no problems since then
> > (although it is early days). I think the problem is that the .NET 1.1
> > Framework has become corrupt with all the fixes and patches so a simple
> > re-installation does the trick.
> > I hope you could maybe try this as an option for all your computers but
> > don't blame me if it is unsuccessful. I am practical but no computer buff. It
> > is worth a try though if your only other alternative is complete removal /
> > re-installation of all .NETs. on all 200 machines. cheers S...omes
> >
> > "j_65_uk" wrote:
> >

> > > I run a network of over 200 machines and use WSUS to deploy our
> > > Windows/Microsoft patches. Since patch tuesday (2 days ago) kb979906
> > > kb979909 were approved and sent out to all machines.
> > >
> > > We now have 68 (and increasing) machines all showing errors trying to
> > > install those two patches!!
> > >
> > > A full removal of .net is simply not an option so this is very
> > > frustrating - I'll watch this thread with interest...
> > >
> > > J:confused:
> > >

> > > --
> > > j_65_uk
> > >
> > > .

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: KB890830 (May 2010) Fails to install
Next: overloaded