From: Mike Blake-Knox on
In article <Xns9CF8EEB87B7D2superfoxroxhotmailco(a)202.177.16.121>, Tyler
Fox wrote:
> - I
> would have had no idea this group existed without a website to inform me
> about it

Once upon a time, Google included usenet groups in the results returned
from a default (Web) search. That doesn't seem to happen now; instead you
are pointed to thread fragments on the compilation sites. (This is a
snapshot at a useful point in the history of Google and usenet. The whole
story is much more involved).

Mike
Your source of user to user Quicken help:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.comp.software.financial.quicken

From: Tyler Fox on
Mike Blake-Knox <mikebkdontspam(a)knology.net> wrote in

> In article <Xns9CF8EEB87B7D2superfoxroxhotmailco(a)202.177.16.121>,
> Tyler Fox wrote:
>> - I
>> would have had no idea this group existed without a website to inform
>> me about it
>
> Once upon a time, Google included usenet groups in the results
> returned from a default (Web) search. That doesn't seem to happen now;
> instead you are pointed to thread fragments on the compilation sites.
> (This is a snapshot at a useful point in the history of Google and
> usenet. The whole story is much more involved).
>
> Mike
> Your source of user to user Quicken help:
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.comp.software.financial.quicken

Also, compilation sites allow (for me at least) to see posts while at work.
I haven't tried using my web brower's news reader, but I do not know if
that activity will be allowed on the PC.

From: John Pollard on
Tyler Fox wrote:

> Also, compilation sites allow (for me at least) to see posts while at
> work.

And you believe that is a good thing?

Does your employer agree to pay you to spend time attending to your
personal finances while you are at work?

What company is that?

--

John Pollard

From: Tyler Fox on
"John Pollard" <8plus7isf(a)gmail.com> wrote in news:hibai3$ju7$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

> Tyler Fox wrote:
>
>> Also, compilation sites allow (for me at least) to see posts while at
>> work.
>
> And you believe that is a good thing?
>
> Does your employer agree to pay you to spend time attending to your
> personal finances while you are at work?
>
> What company is that?

I'm not familiar with your posts and am unsure if you are using humor here
or not.

In answer to your question, an employee may browse the internet over
he/she's lunch hour (which is unpaid time) to check news headlines, sports
scores, or (in this case) look for new messages, if the activity does not
use excessive bandwidth.