From: helpern on
Cannot manually reconcile investment account.

-------------------------------------
Recently, I have not been able to change the reconcile status of any
trnasaction in an investment account. The column that usually has a
dropdown list for "c" or "R" just shows a "..." when I try to change it.
Help please?

Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/
Tax and Accounting Software Forums
alt.comp.software.financial.quicken - 19820 messages and counting!
From: R. C. White on
Hi, helpern.

Which version of Quicken?

Have you tried Tools | Reconcile an account?

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

From: helpern on
helpern had written this in response to
http://www.rockryno.com/quicken/Re-Cannot-manually-reconcile-investment-account-20430-.htm
:
Hi,

I am using Quicken 2008 Deluxe Release R9. I just backed up my data,
reinstalled Quicken, and it has the same issue.

JH

-------------------------------------
R. C. White wrote:

> Hi, helpern.

> Which version of Quicken?

> Have you tried Tools | Reconcile an account?

> RC

Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/
Tax and Accounting Software Forums
alt.comp.software.financial.quicken - 19828 messages and counting!
From: R. C. White on
Hi, helpern.

> reinstalled Quicken, and it has the same issue.

WHAT issue? :>(

Please don't make us drag the information out of you one cryptic sentence at
a time!

Tell us first, what you are trying to do. Then tell us, step by step, what
you did and what results you saw. If there are any error messages, please
post them VERBATIM. From what little you've told us so far, it does not
seem to be an issue with your data or with the program, but only with your
method of trying to reconcile...something.

Remember the obvious: We cannot see your computer, and we can't read your
mind.

And it would help if you set your newsreader to quote the prior context so
that we don't have to flip back and forth. I have no idea what
"rockryno.com" is, but it is NOT making it easier for us to help you. :>(

RC

From: Laura on
When you right click on the account name and select Edit, what type of
account is specified? None of my Investment accounts have a register or can
be reconciles. Only Bank and savings accounts can be reconciled.