From: Tom Hersh on
I use Fireworks 3 and can only get a maximum canvas length of 6000 pixels. I am thinking about upgrading to 8 or to Adobe Photoshop CS2. Can I can longer canvas size in either?
From: Lanny Chambers on
In article <dsjh78$c2c$1(a)forums.macromedia.com>,
"Tom Hersh" <webforumsuser(a)macromedia.com> wrote:

> I use Fireworks 3 and can only get a maximum canvas length of 6000 pixels. I
> am thinking about upgrading to 8 or to Adobe Photoshop CS2. Can I can longer
> canvas size in either?

FW8 = 10,000 pixels. I don't have CS2, but suspect it's only limited by
RAM plus disk space (VM).

Remember, FW is a web design app. I don't know anyone with a monitor
6000 pixels wide.

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, USA
From: Jim Babbage - .:TMM:. & .:CMX:. on
Tom Hersh wrote:
> I use Fireworks 3 and can only get a maximum canvas length of 6000 pixels. I am thinking about upgrading to 8 or to Adobe Photoshop CS2. Can I can longer canvas size in either?

6000 pixels for a web image is pretty huge to begin with.

--
Jim Babbage - .:CMX:. & .:TMM:.
Extending Knowledge, Daily
From: Tim G on

"Jim Babbage - .:TMM:. & .:CMX:." <jbabbage(a)newmediaservices.ca> wrote in
message news:dsjslk$o8j$1(a)forums.macromedia.com...
> Tom Hersh wrote:
>> I use Fireworks 3 and can only get a maximum canvas length of 6000
>> pixels. I am thinking about upgrading to 8 or to Adobe Photoshop CS2.
>> Can I can longer canvas size in either?
>
> 6000 pixels for a web image is pretty huge to begin with.

Oh, come on - you can stretch it across 5 monitors! :)

tim

From: Tom Hersh on
Well that answers that. The reason for having it all on one canvas is obvious.
It is only one image instead of 20. Easier to insert one into a DW page than
20. So, proably 6000 is the limit in FW and maybe in CS2 also. Thanks. Tom