From: Glenn on
heather wrote:

> "Glenn" wrote:
>
>> heather wrote:
>>> Glenn, or whoever, after the problem below I am now finding it difficult to
>>> sum the $ in col R by the number in Col I....example in
>>> http://www.savefile.com/projects/808732916
>>> I would like it to look like COL S in the end...How can I do this
>>>
>> http://www.savefile.com/files/1982535
>>
>> I modified several of your formulas and added what you need in R. Post back if
>> there are any problems.
>>
> No problems, but thanks so much for getting that for me and editing all
> those other col. I wasn't sure what they were but they came up with the right
> answer but thats for making it easier!!!! You have been a GREAT help! Thanks

Do your best to figure out how each of the modified formulas works. Use sources
like the help file and web sites like http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
for information. Once you understand how they work, you can make sure that they
continue to provide the correct answer in the future, in case your data changes
in ways that weren't obvious to me at this time.
From: heather on
Tried to use the sameformula from earlier in a different file modifying the
col and what not and it did not work...Not sure why but eveything was the
same...help?!
http://www.savefile.com/projects/808732916

all i did was copy and paste and then edited the info to make sense in the
new file...for some reason i cant get it to work... I used the evaluate
formula to see what went wrong and i cant figure it out,.... please help

From: Glenn on
heather wrote:
> Tried to use the sameformula from earlier in a different file modifying the
> col and what not and it did not work...Not sure why but eveything was the
> same...help?!
> http://www.savefile.com/projects/808732916
>
> all i did was copy and paste and then edited the info to make sense in the
> new file...for some reason i cant get it to work... I used the evaluate
> formula to see what went wrong and i cant figure it out,.... please help

If all you need is a list of item numbers and the total cost, consider using a
PivotTable instead of formulas:

http://www.savefile.com/files/1983960

If you're not familiar with PivotTables, you can look here:

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm
From: heather on
Help! Trying to refernce more cells but this time in different sheets. I have
revamped the formula but i can't figure it out her is sample..

From: Glenn on
heather wrote:
> Help! Trying to refernce more cells but this time in different sheets. I have
> revamped the formula but i can't figure it out here is sample..
> http://www.savefile.com/projects/808732916

I think this is what you are looking for:

=IF(A3=A2,INDEX(INDIRECT("Sheet2!"&ADDRESS(MATCH(E2,Sheet2!$B$1:$B$40,0)+1,2)&":$B$40"),
MATCH(A3,INDIRECT("Sheet2!"&ADDRESS(MATCH(E2,Sheet2!$B$1:$B$40,0)+1,1)&":$A$40"),0)),
INDEX(Sheet2!$B$1:$B$40,MATCH(A3,Sheet2!$A$1:$A$40,0)))