From: "G.Strait" G.Strait on
I just purchased and awaiting the arrival of my new Dell desktop, installed with Windows Pro. From my understanding Windows 7 does not support Outlook express. I would appreciate any input on a solid email client that works well with Windows 7. Thunderbird maybe?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Greg

From: MJMIII on

http://download.live.com/wlmail
--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

From: MJMIII on
"Christopher Muto" <muto(a)worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> MJMIII wrote:
>> "G.Strait" <G.Strait(a)No Spam.com> wrote in message
>>> I just purchased and awaiting the arrival of my new Dell desktop,
>>> installed with Windows Pro. From my understanding Windows 7 does not
>>> support Outlook express. I would appreciate any input on a solid email
>>> client that works well with Windows 7. Thunderbird maybe?
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Greg
>>
>> http://download.live.com/wlmail
>
> live works but i don't like all the baggage that it comes with.
> i think thunderbird is the best choice.
> http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/

Chris, you can pick what applications you want. WLM seems the closest to
OE/WM that I've come across. There's also a comfort level for all the OE/WM
users. It's just my personal choice.
--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

From: Sam Spade on

"Christopher Muto" <muto(a)worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> MJMIII wrote:
>> "G.Strait" <G.Strait(a)No Spam.com> wrote in message
>>> I just purchased and awaiting the arrival of my new Dell desktop,
>>> installed with Windows Pro. From my understanding Windows 7 does not
>>> support Outlook express. I would appreciate any input on a solid email
>>> client that works well with Windows 7. Thunderbird maybe?
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Greg
>>
>> http://download.live.com/wlmail
>
> live works but i don't like all the baggage that it comes with.
> i think thunderbird is the best choice.
> http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/
Chris let me suggest you buying a windows for dummies book on windows 7 and
reading it before you get your pc. It addresses your question and certainly
will I'm sure address the many other questions you ill have.

From: "G.Strait" G.Strait on
Thank you kindly for your response. I think I may experiment with both(Thunderbird and Windows live mail). From what I see and read in Microsoft's 'Windows 7 Unleashed' Windows live mail is very close to OE. I do realize it has several added tricks and suppose that would take some getting used to but all in all if one doesn't want to use them they need not.

Again thanks for your input.

Cheers,
Greg