From: Betov on
"hutch--" <hutch(a)movsd.com> ?crivait news:1136241049.307845.67070
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> I encourage you to go jump in the lake. :)

I also encourage you to take master Pdf advice and to also
assume WASM. Yes, yes, i promiss you: It is very good!

:]]]]]]]]]]

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: randyhyde@earthlink.net on

Betov wrote:

> As you seem to really fail to understand anything at
> anything, here are some informations for you:
>
> * Hutch (none too late) finaly understood that the game
> was over, when seeing the number of Posts at the Evil
> Board, and at MASM Board, seriously decreasing (mostly
> at the benefit of FASM).

???
MASMForum is doing a *heck* of a lot better than the RosAsm forum :-)
And for that matter, it does a heck of a lot better than ALA.
Particularly if you want *real* assembly language advice.

> * Pelles-C: Was first LCC. LCC was written as an Anti-GPL
> Project against GCC, in the Linux Area.

Actually, IIRC, LCC was written back in the Minix days.

> Then it was LCC-
> Win32, written by Jacob Navia, on the base of LCC. He
> first thought that he could get money from the french
> Gouvernment (which does effectively do things like this
> in the context of "Non-Profit Associations")... but he
> got none, and decided to go the closed Sources way, with
> a very strange License, similar to LCC.

And your problem?

> Then, (it seems
> ...) that Jacob Navia completly abandoned the LCC-Win32
> Project, and by that, some "miracle", that i do not want
> to understand ( :)) :)) :)) ) Pelles-C was born on the
> LCC-Win32 smoking ashes... with still a very strange
> License supposed to make some income for the "re-users".

This is news to you? Gee, on the main Pelles C page
(http://www.smorgasbordet.com/pellesc/) it says the following:

"The compiler is based on LCC (by Chris Fraser and David Hanson), and
the install builder for Windows is based on NSIS. Both are heavily
modified."

Pelles C is a classic example of how a good open-source license can
work. Had LCC *not* been open source and reusable, Pelle would not have
been able to create and maintain this great, free, product. And you
know what? As long as Pelle continues to maintain it as well as he
does, who really cares if it's open source?

> So, there is no question about what side of the political
> and ethical picture, Pelles-C Stands,

Wow, he used the sources to LCC exactly the way LCC's authors intended.
(You do realize that LCC was created for use in a book on writing
compilers, right?)

> and why this is the
> very perfect candidate for offering Hutch a rescue support,

Pelles is the perfect candidate for most people's support. He's
providing a well-maintained C compiler that people can get for free.

> with its so funny Assembly Compiler.

The guy who created the weird "RosAsm" syntax doesn't have a lot of
room to be discussing "funny Assembly Compilers".

> Indeed there was a real
> need of C "re-users" to "propose" (i cannot say "write") such
> a stupidity as one another weird Compiler for Assembly
> Language.

It's mostly MASM compatible. That's about as least "weird" as you can
get this days, as MASM users constitute about 90% of the people writing
x86 assembly language these days.

> The reason why i also strongly recommanded Master Pdf to
> support actively PoAsm.

Sorry, any recommendation of your's is *way* late. Do keep in mind that
I've been shipping POLINK along with "freeHLA" for a couple of years
now. It's not like this is anything new to me.

Now when POASM gets a *little* bit more complete, I may consider
modifying HLA to emit POASM compatible source code. But we'll have to
see how it comes along. I'm more than happy to support Pelles efforts,
he's provided a great tool for HLA users. I'm more than happy to return
the favor.

> And the most funny point is that Master Pdf, who believes
> that he could "divide and dominate", did it, without
> understanding that, what he is dividing is not what he
> believes he is dividing (all the other way round, in fact).

Well, I don't even understand what you're trying to say here. Maybe you
should lay off the juice a bit when posting?
Cheers,
Randy Hyde

From: ~o/~///annabee on
//Hutch's assistance to Pelle, and his experimentation with Gas for
Windows, speaks volumes to me about who's a "real asmer" around here.
//

:) Did it Sting you a little?

//
Besides burping up anything Betov feeds you, you're doing what???
//

Writing 2+ megabytes of buttom-up assembly source.

Best,
Frank//

Where are your assembly sources Frank ?

Here are mines :

< http://www.szmyggenpv.com >

or

< http://www.TheWannabee.org>

From: ~o/~///annabee on
//Do keep in mind that I've been shipping POLINK along with "freeHLA"
for a couple of years
now. //

The term "Drowning" comes to mind.

:))

From: hutch-- on
smile,

> I also encourage you to take master Pdf advice and to also
> assume WASM. Yes, yes, i promiss you: It is very good!

I am sure you speak from experience writing Watcom C. :)

Why don't you just admit it Betov, there are so many high powered
assemblers available that you have just been left behind. An ever
increasing number of them use industry standard historical Intel
notation and the code is nearly portable across most of them.

TASM in masm mode, masm, GAS in Intel mode, Pelle's POASM, MS VC,
PowerBASIC can all exchange code with very little effort and every one
of them will eat you alive in terms of capacity.

You will just have to revert to sobbing in your chardonnay if you are
not brave enough to slash your wrists.

Regards,

hutch at movsd dot com

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last