From: RnR on
On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 20:32:55 -0500, Daddy <daddy(a)invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>Charles wrote:
>> Christopher Muto wrote:

>>> dell does not care what is on the system hard disk should you return a
>>> system to them. They only care that the hardware and the cds are
>>> present.
>>
>> Yes but you might and taking 5 minutes of your time to swap drives is a
>> lot easier than hunting for all your data that you don't want to go back
>> to Dell.
>> Charles
>
>It takes me about that long to restore a disk image, and I don't have to
>buy an extra hard drive.
>
>Daddy

This may be true for you but it really depends on the image size. And
this is assuming the image file restores on the first try.
Been there and done that.
From: Daddy on
RnR wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 20:32:55 -0500, Daddy <daddy(a)invalid.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> Charles wrote:

>>> Yes but you might and taking 5 minutes of your time to swap drives is a
>>> lot easier than hunting for all your data that you don't want to go back
>>> to Dell.
>>> Charles
>> It takes me about that long to restore a disk image, and I don't have to
>> buy an extra hard drive.
>>
>> Daddy
>

> This may be true for you but it really depends on the image size. And
> this is assuming the image file restores on the first try.
> Been there and done that.

I have noticed from your posts that you seem to run into all kinds of
difficulties that I don't have. ;-)

Daddy
From: RnR on
On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 21:19:17 -0500, Daddy <daddy(a)invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>RnR wrote:
>> On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 20:32:55 -0500, Daddy <daddy(a)invalid.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> It takes me about that long to restore a disk image, and I don't have to
>>> buy an extra hard drive.
>>>
>>> Daddy
>>

>> This may be true for you but it really depends on the image size. And
>> this is assuming the image file restores on the first try.
>> Been there and done that.
>
>I have noticed from your posts that you seem to run into all kinds of
>difficulties that I don't have. ;-)
>
>Daddy

That's good but image size still matters in regard to restore time.
From: Christopher Muto on
Charles wrote:
> Christopher Muto wrote:
>> Tony Harding wrote:

>>> That's where saving Dell's HDD and installing your system on *your*
>>> HDD save your bacon. Swap your HDD for Dell's (and any other hardware
>>> you might have added) and return it - system is Dell pristine.
>>
>> dell does not care what is on the system hard disk should you return a
>> system to them. They only care that the hardware and the cds are
>> present.
>
> Yes but you might and taking 5 minutes of your time to swap drives is a
> lot easier than hunting for all your data that you don't want to go back
> to Dell.
> Charles

5 minutes is a lot longer than it takes to boot with boot and nuke to
wipe a drive... and no need to spend extra money for an additional
drive. to each his/her own.
From: powrwrap on
> On Feb 28, 11:24 am, Daddy <da...(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:

> To me that means...drum roll..Wipe Out! (I wonder how many of you are old enough to remember Wipe Out?)

> Hannah Montana was right: You get the best of both worlds.

Showing my age here, but yes, I do know both of these references.

BTW, interesting thread.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: Requiem for a dead Dell