From: BruceMcF on
On Feb 28, 1:25 am, polishedball <polishedb...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 28, 12:50 am, BruceMcF <agil...(a)netscape.net> wrote:
>
> > On Feb 27, 10:34 pm, Andreas Kohlbach <a...(a)spamfence.net> wrote:
>
> > > I find it hard to believe. Especially running a JAVA emulator on it.
>
> > Remember that the JAVA emulator is not running on *it*, it is running
> > *in your browser*. In the server, its just text.
>
> not positive but it appears the the java emulator is hosted from the
> cbm8bit site page. So the c64 isn't serving it. I could be wrong
> though. I need to figure out how to make a different disk image and
> edit it. Ive been trying but a 170K d64 is too small for the java and
> prg.

That was my impression as well, I was just making a different point.

For a bigger disk on a real C64, you'd want a 1581 (I used a C64,
daisywheel printer and 1581 to write papers in grad school in the
early 90's). That also allows 288 files in a single directory. So I'd
assume if you were looking for a disk image format, that'd be the best
bet.
From: Michael on
Actually, you could use a 16 meg DNP to run it if you wanted. uIECs
can run that just fine. Is it that it is running a JAVA emulator or
just calling JAVA from the users (browser side) computer? Anyway, I
used it (browsed to it) for the past year and it works great. Really,
don't see any speed issues but then again, he keeps the browser page
streamlined.
From: BruceMcF on
On Mar 1, 12:27 pm, Michael <mister...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually, you could use a 16 meg DNP to run it if you wanted. uIECs
> can run that just fine. Is it that it is running a JAVA emulator or
> just calling JAVA from the users (browser side) computer? Anyway, I
> used it (browsed to it) for the past year and it works great. Really,
> don't see any speed issues but then again, he keeps the browser page
> streamlined.

Whether its Actionscript or the Javascript port ... its a program
uploaded to the viewer's browser to run. Anything that can serve a
page can serve Javascript.

*I've* got speed issues, but that's because I'm browsing from a
Windows box designed for XP but running Vista ... its not the fault of
the other side.

On 16meg DNP's, never had a CMD hard drive, don't know nothing about
it, that's another thing to add to the to-do list.
From: Michael on
On Mar 1, 12:45 pm, BruceMcF <agil...(a)netscape.net> wrote:
> On 16meg DNP's, never had a CMD hard drive, don't know nothing about
> it, that's another thing to add to the to-do list.

I do no have a CMD hard drive, but Brain's uIEC SD-Card Reader
supports the DNP format and it is pretty cheep. A LOT cheeper then
trying to find and buy a CMD Hard Drive.

From: polishedball on
The problem, I know have is the main java prg resides in the route,
but the kernals and drives are in sub folders. There doesn't seem
to bbe a way to path them properly properly on a uIEC device once your
in a disk image. Is DNP diferent? Can I be in a disk image and setup
folders inside of the image? basically have the route with c64.java
then a /game folder, /kernal rom and drive folder, and a /com
folder? That the java can make calls to.

On Mar 1, 1:00 pm, Michael <mister...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 1, 12:45 pm, BruceMcF <agil...(a)netscape.net> wrote:
>
> > On 16meg DNP's, never had a CMD hard drive, don't know nothing about
> > it, that's another thing to add to the to-do list.
>
> I do no have a CMD hard drive, but Brain's uIEC SD-Card Reader
> supports the DNP format and it is pretty cheep. A LOT cheeper then
> trying to find and buy a CMD Hard Drive.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: games for 64HDD
Next: C64 to Beamer Problem