From: zap on
I would like to introduce you to our commodore 64 web server
http://www.c64web.com

Our little web-server has been online 24/7 for a little over three
years running contiki web-server
developed by Adam Dunkels http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Dunkels
and ported over to the
Commodore 64 by Oliver Schmidt.

We have Jac64 a java emulator on our web server so you can run c64
games while online.
http://58.6.118.18/wow.html is a good example of what we have.

A few months ago we reached another mile stone 500,000 hits, who said
64k was not enough. :)

You will also find everything you need to start your own web-server
for the C64/128 or Apple 8-bit.

Anyways you can email me at shane(a)cbm8bit.com if you wish to
contribute a page or two for hosting
on our little server, just use the current pages to get a guide line
on what can be done, we are in need
of new and innovated ideas at c64web.com

From: Andreas Kohlbach on
zap wrote on 27. February 2010:

> I would like to introduce you to our commodore 64 web server
> http://www.c64web.com

I find it hard to believe. Especially running a JAVA emulator on it.

Though due to little knowledge of the project I might be wrong. Would be cool
if this is true though. :-)
--
Andreas
My Commodore 64 classic game music page at
From: polishedball on
It is pretty cool, thanks for providing the info it allowed me to
setup a quick test also to prove it could be done. I brought mine up
a few days ago after grabbing the config disc from your site.
Mine is at 24.11.103.126 but nothing real special, a simple java game
(not 64 gotta figure that out) and some pictures and info.

From: BruceMcF on
On Feb 27, 10:34 pm, Andreas Kohlbach <a...(a)spamfence.net> wrote:
> I find it hard to believe. Especially running a JAVA emulator on it.

Remember that the JAVA emulator is not running on *it*, it is running
*in your browser*. In the server, its just text.
From: polishedball on
On Feb 28, 12:50 am, BruceMcF <agil...(a)netscape.net> wrote:
> On Feb 27, 10:34 pm, Andreas Kohlbach <a...(a)spamfence.net> wrote:
>
> > I find it hard to believe. Especially running a JAVA emulator on it.
>
> Remember that the JAVA emulator is not running on *it*, it is running
> *in your browser*. In the server, its just text.

not positive but it appears the the java emulator is hosted from the
cbm8bit site page. So the c64 isn't serving it. I could be wrong
though. I need to figure out how to make a different disk image and
edit it. Ive been trying but a 170K d64 is too small for the java and
prg.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: games for 64HDD