From: Etaoin Shrdlu on
On 4/22/2010 9:10 PM, Will S. wrote:

> I never said anything about the color of the progress bar on the Windows
> splash screen. For the record the color is blue.

From your original post: "First the OEM boot screen
folowed by a dark screen and no hard drive activity then the Windows XP
boot screen appears with the green scanning bar, then welcome, etc.
From: Will S. on
My apologies.

After reading responses to my post I decided to run CHKDSK, checking for
both errors and bad sectors. After the second restart following CHKDSK system
SEEMS to have returned to normal with no more white progress bar or erratic
hard drive activity. Hope this is permenant.

Where do I find the CHKDSK logs to see what was found and action taken?

From: Shenan Stanley on
Will S. wrote:
> My apologies.
>
> After reading responses to my post I decided to run CHKDSK,
> checking for both errors and bad sectors. After the second restart
> following CHKDSK system SEEMS to have returned to normal with no
> more white progress bar or erratic hard drive activity. Hope this
> is permenant.
>
> Where do I find the CHKDSK logs to see what was found and action
> taken?

Event Log.

--
Shenan Stanley