From: James Egan on

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 15:12:00 -0800, Psycho-billy
<Psychobilly(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>James,
>
>I don't have config access to the gateway, and yes, there are several other
>computers attached to the LAN, but they aren't mine either.

Unless you can configure the gateway then the routing option I
mentioned is sunk. However, there are still other options.

You can't use ics because of the conflict of ip addresses at
192.168.0.1 but perhaps you can use similar third party software to
distribute the Internet facility which isn't so rigidly fixed to this
ip address. NAT32 springs to mind as a shareware option
http://www.nat32.com

Maybe a proxy server like the free one here
http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/proxy.htm

or maybe you can get a wireless adaptor for the win2k machine and
connect directly to the gateway device without being dependent on the
xp box?

Jim.

From: James Egan on

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 18:40:08 -0800, Psycho-billy
<Psychobilly(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Not 100% certain of my procedure, but didn't wreck anything. Still cannot
>internet when bridged.

I can't help you with any of this but it remains the best choice if
you can get it to work.

Jim.
From: Psycho-billy on
James,

NAT32 did the trick!

Thanks again!

Larry Marquardt
--
PB

From: James Egan on

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 15:36:00 -0800, Psycho-billy
<Psychobilly(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>James,
>
>NAT32 did the trick!

Glad to hear it.

Jim.