From: Fred Moore on
In article <b8ir46ta8f8i0imp0v0g83271vlhqkioa5(a)4ax.com>,
Howard Brazee <howard(a)brazee.net> wrote:

> I paid for NeoOffice when I read that it supported VB macros. But my
> Windows Office spreadsheets with VB Macros still won't run.
>
> I keep trying to register at:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&action
> =submitlogin&type=signup
>
> And it keeps telling me that it's sending me an e-mail that I need to
> finish the registration, but it never makes it all the way to my
> computer at home nor to my computer at work. I figure it gets
> stopped by my provider's spam filter.
>
> Could someone e-mail me personally an e-mail address of NeoOffice
> support so that I can work on finishing registering to the help forums
> there?

Okay, I'm confused. You 'paid' for NeoOffice. I presume you made a
donation so you could post questions on the NeoOffice forums. $25 per
year is the minimum.

However, the link you posted is for **OpenOffice.org**. While NeoO is
based on the OOo code, the developers and forums operate entirely
separately.

(OOo Aqua (v3) is excellent, but NeoO v3 is even better because of
additional Mac adaptations which the NeoO developers have added to NeoO.
These don't exist in OOo.)

So, not to belabor the point, but who exactly did you donate to? NeoO or
OOo?

Here is one NeoO post which might help, or not:

<http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=81
54&highlight=registration+help>

The general search gateway for NeoO is:

<http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=search>

so you can do a better search for help than I did.

For asking questions about VB Macros, you can also try the OOo Writer
forum:

<http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=2>

BTW, Howard, the accepted format for posting URLs is to surround them
with angle brackets as I did above. If you do that it will make it less
likely that your link will be broken by word wrap.
From: Howard Brazee on
On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 16:34:30 -0400, Fred Moore <fmoore(a)gcfn.org>
wrote:

>Okay, I'm confused. You 'paid' for NeoOffice. I presume you made a
>donation so you could post questions on the NeoOffice forums. $25 per
>year is the minimum.
>
>However, the link you posted is for **OpenOffice.org**. While NeoO is
>based on the OOo code, the developers and forums operate entirely
>separately.

That is correct, I was looking at the wrong forum. My donation was
partially to get that access, but partially because I should.

- James Madison
From: Howard Brazee on
wrote:

><http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=2>
>
>BTW, Howard, the accepted format for posting URLs is to surround them
>with angle brackets as I did above. If you do that it will make it less
>likely that your link will be broken by word wrap.

Now that's a useful tidbit that I wish I knew earlier. I have noticed
the brackets, but assumed that was just how they displayed.

- James Madison
From: dorayme on
In article
<fmoore-A7828F.16343026072010(a)mx01.eternal-september.org>,
Fred Moore <fmoore(a)gcfn.org> wrote:

> <http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=2>
>
> BTW, Howard, the accepted format for posting URLs is to surround them
> with angle brackets as I did above. If you do that it will make it less
> likely that your link will be broken by word wrap.

My newsreader would tend to bring down the likelihood!

....but I still do what you say when posting a link.

--
dorayme
From: Fred Moore on
In article <dorayme-224F35.08273327072010(a)news.albasani.net>,
dorayme <dorayme(a)optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> In article
> <fmoore-A7828F.16343026072010(a)mx01.eternal-september.org>,
> Fred Moore <fmoore(a)gcfn.org> wrote:
>
> > <http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=2>
> >
> > BTW, Howard, the accepted format for posting URLs is to surround them
> > with angle brackets as I did above. If you do that it will make it less
> > likely that your link will be broken by word wrap.
>
> My newsreader would tend to bring down the likelihood!
>
> ...but I still do what you say when posting a link.

Excellent! Have a 4X, or Fosters if you prefer, and bill it to the
International UseNet Recovery Fund.