From: Howard Brazee on
I paid for NeoOffice when I read that it supported VB macros. But my
Windows Office spreadsheets with VB Macros still won't run.

I keep trying to register at:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&action=submitlogin&type=signup

And it keeps telling me that it's sending me an e-mail that I need to
finish the registration, but it never makes it all the way to my
computer at home nor to my computer at work. I figure it gets
stopped by my provider's spam filter.

Could someone e-mail me personally an e-mail address of NeoOffice
support so that I can work on finishing registering to the help forums
there?

- James Madison
From: Vincent Parry on
On 7/26/10 1:46 PM, Howard Brazee wrote:
> I paid for NeoOffice when I read that it supported VB macros. But my
> Windows Office spreadsheets with VB Macros still won't run.
>
> I keep trying to register at:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&action=submitlogin&type=signup
>
> And it keeps telling me that it's sending me an e-mail that I need to
> finish the registration, but it never makes it all the way to my
> computer at home nor to my computer at work. I figure it gets
> stopped by my provider's spam filter.
>
> Could someone e-mail me personally an e-mail address of NeoOffice
> support so that I can work on finishing registering to the help forums
> there?

Umm, unless things changed since I d/l it a few months ago, it's free.
You say you paid?
From: Larry Gusaas on

On 2010/07/26 11:46 AM Howard Brazee wrote:
> I paid for NeoOffice when I read that it supported VB macros. But my
> Windows Office spreadsheets with VB Macros still won't run.

Sucker. NeoOffice uses OpenOffice.org code and does not contribute anything back to the project. They are
a bunch of parasites.

> I keep trying to register at:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&action=submitlogin&type=signup

That site has nothing to do with NeoOffice.

> And it keeps telling me that it's sending me an e-mail that I need to
> finish the registration, but it never makes it all the way to my
> computer at home nor to my computer at work. I figure it gets
> stopped by my provider's spam filter.

Then check what messages have been filtered by you IP.

> Could someone e-mail me personally an e-mail address of NeoOffice
> support so that I can work on finishing registering to the help forums
> there?
>
> --- end quote ---

Why don't you check their website?

--

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada

From: Wayne C. Morris on
In article <b8ir46ta8f8i0imp0v0g83271vlhqkioa5(a)4ax.com>,
Howard Brazee <howard(a)brazee.net> wrote:

> I paid for NeoOffice when I read that it supported VB macros. But my Windows
> Office spreadsheets with VB Macros still won't run.

NeoOffice is free. They encourage you to make a donation before downloading,
but you don't have to, and in my opinion it's wise to try it first and make sure
it does meet all of your needs. A donation is only necessary if you want tech
support through the NeoOffice forums, or if you want to feel good about
supporting further development of an app that you've found useful.

> I keep trying to register at:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&action
> =submitlogin&type=signup

That's the OpenOffice Wiki. NeoOffice is based on OpenOffice, but it's not
OpenOffice. If you're using NeoOffice, you're better off using the NeoOffice
Wiki at <http://neowiki.neooffice.org/> and the NeoOffice forum at
<http://trinity.neooffice.org/>.

> And it keeps telling me that it's sending me an e-mail that I need to
> finish the registration, but it never makes it all the way to my
> computer at home nor to my computer at work. I figure it gets
> stopped by my provider's spam filter.

See if you can turn off your ISP's spam filter. I prefer running a local spam
filter such as SpamSieve so that spam is placed in a junk folder, which I can
check regularly, instead of being blocked completely. SpamSieve can also be
trained to be very accurate by correcting it whenever it makes a mistake.
From: Howard Brazee on
On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 15:37:33 -0400, Vincent Parry
<vince(a)darkpassage.net> wrote:

>Umm, unless things changed since I d/l it a few months ago, it's free.
>You say you paid?

It's beg-ware.

- James Madison