From: Rubaiyat of Omar Bradley on
On Jun 26, 2:32 pm, Rubaiyat of Omar Bradley <cowartmi...(a)yahoo.com>
wrote:
> OK - I emailed you a sample with the title "TIFF-YC sample file"

The email bounced saying "no mailbox here by that name"

From: Peter on
"Rubaiyat of Omar Bradley" <cowartmisc1(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
On Jun 26, 10:34 am, Rubaiyat of Omar Bradley <cowartmi...(a)yahoo.com>
wrote:
> Any suggestions for a program to convert from TIFF-YC to TIFF-RGB?

Well, I feel dumb. I was so intent on my problem with the *conversion*
program, that I hadn't tried opening the file with my photo *editing*
program. That program had no problem opening the TIFF-YC file!

Thanks guys!

Assuming you meant TIFF-YCC, here is our explanation.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/sycc.htm

--
Peter

From: Rubaiyat of Omar Bradley on
On Jun 26, 2:49 pm, "Peter" <peter...(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
> Assuming you meant TIFF-YCC, here is our explanation.

I just checked - I got the camera in 1999. Maybe it's time to bite the
bullet and get something more up to date. It's like the kids say:
"that's so twentieth century!".
From: Grimly Curmudgeon on
drugs began to take hold. I remember "Peter"
<peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> saying something like:

>Assuming you meant TIFF-YCC, here is our explanation.
>
>http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/sycc.htm

Good grief, he seems to be implying that composite video output is good.
From: David J Taylor on
"Grimly Curmudgeon" <grimly4REMOVE(a)REMOVEgmail.com> wrote in message
> We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the
> drugs began to take hold. I remember "Peter"
> <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> saying something like:
>
>>Assuming you meant TIFF-YCC, here is our explanation.
>>
>>http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/sycc.htm
>
> Good grief, he seems to be implying that composite video output is good.

Only that it reduces file size, I believe, and hence bandwidth on analogue
(or digital) TV. Without component encoding there would likely have been
no colour TV as we've known it for the last 40+ years.

David