From: Karl E. Peterson on
Webbiz wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 11:57:59 -0700, Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org>
> wrote:
>
> <more snipper-roo>
>
>> I'm sorry you took it wrongly. <snip>
>
> Karl, you and I certainly have a communications gap. I should add more
> smileys and <g>'s to my comments.
>
>>> Sheesh Karl, what gives? First you start off being condensending with
>>> that F8-9 comment, then you slap me silly and call me Lucy. And to
>>> make it worse, you never used the control???
>
> "...then you slap me silly and call me Lucy."
>
> I thought that line would have given it away that it's a
> tongue-n-cheek reply to some of your...eh...er... down level
> statements. <g> :-) LOL! ROTGLMAO! ;-b (that should cover it).

Whoosh... <g> I see Lucy, I think Linus' sister.

>> Have you tried comparing the TypeName's of the two objects? Or do you
>> just think VB is out to get you? ;-)
>
> I definitely think that VB is out to get me.

That has been shown, yeah. <g>

> Now that I am not sure how to do. How is that done? Seriously.

Ummm, Debug.Print TypeName(obj)

> If I declare a variable of type FUNGUS, and then try set the variable
> to a new object of FUNGUS.OBJECT, I'm a bit puzzled why this would not
> be the same type. Darn those MSDN people!
>
> :-)

That .Object property often had some interesting surprises in store.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Webbiz wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 12:00:13 -0700, Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org>
> wrote:
>

>> Webbiz wrote:
>>> This from a Microsoft MSDN page.
>>>
>>> Any idea why "Set objFTP = Me!axFTP.Object" causes this error?
>>
>> Btw, providing a link always encourages those curious to try recreating
>> the error, without having to recreate whatever twisted google query you
>> did to find the problem. HTH! ;-)
>
> Yes, but that would be a logical thing to do and could ruin my
> reputation for being a clutz. <g>
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/163653

Okay, that actually helps. This works:

Private objInet As Inet

Private Sub Form_Load()
Set objInet = Inet1 '.Object
End Sub

Nucking futz sample writers at MSFT never test a thing...

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Webbiz on
On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 13:45:06 -0700, Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org>
wrote:

>Ummm, Debug.Print TypeName(obj)

Now that is useful information. <g>

I didn't know this was available. Cool Charlie Brown.

Thanks.

Webbiz
From: Larry Serflaten on

"Webbiz" <nospam(a)noway.com> wrote

> >Ummm, Debug.Print TypeName(obj)
>
> Now that is useful information. <g>

Except that the returned string is "Inet", ...Surprise!

With an Inet control on your form, type in "Inet1.object" and
press F1 for more info about the object property....

LFS

From: Patrice on
Ok so it left you with using FTP or HTTP.

Have you tried to follow Karl's first advice that is to check the return
value of each and every API call to find out which call fails...

Don'k now where you got your sample but
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/195653/en-us seems to check return values
quite often so perhaps a bit less straight to the point than needed..

--
Patrice