From: fish.. on
In article <1189647825.999725.117970(a)22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com>,
Fran.Beta(a)gmail.com says...
> On Sep 6, 4:02 pm, Jeßus <n...(a)all.org> wrote:
> > Franwrote:
> > > Can anyone suggest an apt codec (and where to download it), to play
> > > back .mod files created on a camcorder in windows moviemaker, media
> > > player or similar? Is there something quick and easy to render it to
> > > MPEG?
> >
> > > It's for one of my Y10 students.
> >
> > Curiosity got the better of me, so I had a quick look around as I'm sure
> > others would have this problem.
> > Anyway, have a read of this and see if it works for you:
> >
> > "Tips for viewing .MOD files on computer
> > I've seen quite a few posts about poor video quality on the computer and
> > not being able to hear the audio. Here are some tips to make sure your
> > videos look, and sound, just as good on your computer as they do on DVD..
> >
> > As most of you know, the .MOD files are actually mpeg 2 video. To play
> > the videos, you really need to rename the .MOD extension to .MPG so your
> > computer can understand what it is. Renaming is also necessary because
> > the camera starts back at MOV001.MOD when videos are erased. I use this
> > handy, and free, renaming utility so I can rename many files at once."
> >
> > More at:http://www.camcorderinfo.com/bbs/t124055.html
> >
> > --
> > None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they
> > are free - Goethe
>
> Thanks to you and the others, but this work around doesn't seem to
> have remedied the problem. Any other ideas?
>
> Fran

run Gspot (http://www.headbands.com/gspot/gspot221.exe) over it, that'll
tell you a LOT of info about what made it, and its structure.

From: Sunny on

"Fran" <Fran.Beta(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
On Sep 6, 4:02 pm, Je�us <n...(a)all.org> wrote:
> Franwrote:
> > Can anyone suggest an apt codec (and where to download it), to play
> > back .mod files created on a camcorder in windows moviemaker, media
> > player or similar? Is there something quick and easy to render it to
> > MPEG?

Thanks to you and the others, but this work around doesn't seem to
have remedied the problem. Any other ideas?

The answer may be here somewhere (or ditch the JVC ;-)
http://en.softonic.com/search/mod-codec/
http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Best/mod-player-free.html
http://search.techrepublic.com.com/search/MP3+and+codec+and+media+player.html
http://i.nconspicuo.us/2007/06/16/windows-vista-codec-package-play-avi-flv-mkv-mod-mov-mp4-mpg-and-other-files/
http://i.nconspicuo.us/2007/01/26/convert-mod-files-to-mpg-or-avi-jvc-everio-hdd-camcorder/

From: Calvin on
fish.. wrote:

> run Gspot (http://www.headbands.com/gspot/gspot221.exe) over it, that'll
> tell you a LOT of info about what made it, and its structure.

That version of GSpot is out of date - the current version is V2.70a
here: http://www.headbands.com/gspot/v26x/index.htm

Calvin.