From: Jim on

"James" <tvwatchr(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Jim
> Yes I can tell the difference between lowercase i and lowercase l.
> And yes I can tell the difference between uppercase I and uppercase L.
>
> In your next line " In fact, lowercase l only looks like uppercase I if
> you are in a hurry."
> So I copied and pasted the two letters in question, here they are ( l ,
> I )
> How can you tell the difference between the two letters?
> They look exactly the same to me.
>
> James

<snip>
As reported by OE (not clear which program prepares the output), the
characters inside the parentheses look like two lowercase l characters. As
reported by the default editor for OE (MS Word if I remember correctly), the
first one is a lowercase l and the second is an uppercase I.

Jim

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Jim" <j.n(a)invalid.invalid>

| <snip>
| As reported by OE (not clear which program prepares the output), the
| characters inside the parentheses look like two lowercase l characters. As
| reported by the default editor for OE (MS Word if I remember correctly), the
| first one is a lowercase l and the second is an uppercase I.

| Jim

No. The only editor for OE is OE.

MS Outlook from the Office Suite can use MS Word as the email Rich Text editor.

--
Dave

From: Jim on

> From: "Jim" <j.n(a)invalid.invalid>
>
> | <snip>
> | As reported by OE (not clear which program prepares the output), the
> | characters inside the parentheses look like two lowercase l characters.
> As
> | reported by the default editor for OE (MS Word if I remember correctly),
> the
> | first one is a lowercase l and the second is an uppercase I.
>
> | Jim
>
> No. The only editor for OE is OE.
>
> MS Outlook from the Office Suite can use MS Word as the email Rich Text
> editor.
>

> --
> Dave
> Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

Then, I don't understand why the letters were reported incorrectly in the
OP's message but were reported correctly in my reply. At least, that is
what I saw on my machine.

Jim

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Jim" <j.n(a)invalid.invalid>

| Then, I don't understand why the letters were reported incorrectly in the
| OP's message but were reported correctly in my reply. At least, that is
| what I saw on my machine.

| Jim

Misinterpration and fonts. A font with serifs are more distinguishable than simple fonts
like Arial or Verdana.

Reading these nes groups there have been MANY who have mistaed LSASS.EXE vs ISASS.EXE
LASASS (.EXE), is the Microft Local Security Authority Subsystem Service.
If you have ISASS.EXE then you may be infected with malware.

It is as smple as that.

--
Dave

From: James on
Group,
I appreciate all the help, Thank you all for the good insight into the
little corners of windows.
However, I can't get past the warning message into the system at all, so I
can't change fonts, or look a the characters in word.

When I get the error message, the next message, on a BSoD, is that Windows
has detected a fatal error and is shutting down to protect the system, after
about three seconds the computer shuts off.

I'm going the go to another computer and see if I can make a bootable DVD
or CD and try to boot from the DVD drive.
I can still get into the BIOS so I can change the boot order.

I'll try the tomorrow morning and post my results.

Thanks again
James

> From: "Jim" <j.n(a)invalid.invalid>
>

> | Then, I don't understand why the letters were reported incorrectly in
> the
> | OP's message but were reported correctly in my reply. At least, that is
> | what I saw on my machine.
>
> | Jim
>
> Misinterpration and fonts. A font with serifs are more distinguishable
> than simple fonts
> like Arial or Verdana.
>
> Reading these nes groups there have been MANY who have mistaed LSASS.EXE
> vs ISASS.EXE
> LASASS (.EXE), is the Microft Local Security Authority Subsystem Service.
> If you have ISASS.EXE then you may be infected with malware.
>
> It is as smple as that.
>
> --
> Dave
> Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp