From: Alistair on
On Feb 5, 10:42 pm, "Pete Dashwood"
<dashw...(a)removethis.enternet.co.nz> wrote:
> Alistair wrote:
> > On Feb 5, 10:32 am, "Pete Dashwood"
> > <dashw...(a)removethis.enternet.co.nz> wrote:
> >> Sure. But don't try and rewrite Shakespeare in English, either.
>
> > I can't resist:
>
> > 2 B / not 2 B?
>
> LOL!
>
> I guess it is only a matterof time before someone with more time on their
> hands than they should have, produces a TXT version of the works of
> Shakespeare.

There has been talk about allowing txt-speak as exam answers.
Presumably dumbing down to avoid spelling mistakes. I think there has
also been talk of rewriting shakespeare in either txt-speak or yoof-
speak.
From: Alistair on
On Feb 5, 10:42 pm, "Pete Dashwood"
<dashw...(a)removethis.enternet.co.nz> wrote:
> Alistair wrote:
> > On Feb 5, 10:32 am, "Pete Dashwood"
> > <dashw...(a)removethis.enternet.co.nz> wrote:
> >> Sure. But don't try and rewrite Shakespeare in English, either.
>
> > I can't resist:
>
> > 2 B / not 2 B?
>
> LOL!
>
> I guess it is only a matterof time before someone with more time on their
> hands than they should have, produces a TXT version of the works of
> Shakespeare.

I should have added that if you gave an infinite number of monkeys
typewriters they wouldn't be able to aspire to producing the complete
works of shakespeare. Something to do with them having limitations
such that they remain in a permanent state of youth.

From: Fred Mobach on
Pete Dashwood wrote:

> Alistair wrote:
>> On Feb 5, 10:32 am, "Pete Dashwood"
>> <dashw...(a)removethis.enternet.co.nz> wrote:
>>> Sure. But don't try and rewrite Shakespeare in English, either.
>>>

>> I can't resist:
>>
>> 2 B / not 2 B?
>
> LOL!
>
> I guess it is only a matterof time before someone with more time on
> their hands than they should have, produces a TXT version of the works
> of Shakespeare.
>
> If it would get kids to read the original, I wouldn't complain. :-)

If via
lynx -dump
to TXT reformatted HTML will do you can have a look at
http://shakespeare.mit.edu/
--
Fred Mobach - fred(a)mobach.nl
website : https://fred.mobach.nl
From: SkippyPB on
On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 15:19:22 -0800 (PST), Alistair
<alistair(a)ld50macca.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>On Feb 5, 10:42�pm, "Pete Dashwood"
><dashw...(a)removethis.enternet.co.nz> wrote:
>> Alistair wrote:
>>
>> > I can't resist:
>>
>> > 2 B / not 2 B?
>>
>> LOL!
>>
>> I guess it is only a matterof time before someone with more time on their
>> hands than they should have, produces a TXT version of the works of
>> Shakespeare.
>>

>I should have added that if you gave an infinite number of monkeys
>typewriters they wouldn't be able to aspire to producing the complete
>works of shakespeare. Something to do with them having limitations
>such that they remain in a permanent state of youth.

I think it has to do with them not having opposable thumbs. Nothing
to hit the spacebar with. :)

Regards,
--
////
(o o)

"I am not sincere, even when I say I am not."
-- Jules Renard
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remove nospam to email me.

Steve
From: Alistair on
On Feb 6, 4:29 pm, SkippyPB <swieg...(a)Nospam.neo.rr.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 15:19:22 -0800 (PST), Alistair
>

> <alist...(a)ld50macca.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> >On Feb 5, 10:42 pm, "Pete Dashwood"
> ><dashw...(a)removethis.enternet.co.nz> wrote:

> >> LOL!
>
> >> I guess it is only a matterof time before someone with more time on their
> >> hands than they should have, produces a TXT version of the works of
> >> Shakespeare.
>
> >I should have added that if you gave an infinite number of monkeys
> >typewriters they wouldn't be able to aspire to producing the complete
> >works of shakespeare. Something to do with them having limitations
> >such that they remain in  a permanent state of youth.
>
> I think it has to do with them not having opposable thumbs.  Nothing
> to hit the spacebar with.  :)

teenagers or monkeys?