From: robinessex on
How can you get around the count function seeing formulas in any cell
referenced as data?
From: Bob Phillips on
I don't think COUNT will, COUNT yes, but not COUNT unless it returns a
number.

Give an example.

--

HTH

Bob

From: Mike H on
Hi,

I don't understand the question. Perhaps if you tell us what you are trying
to count and the types of data in the cells being counted someone will help.
--
Mike

question.

From: Dave Peterson on
I'm sure Bob meant =CountA() will count cells with formulas.

=Count() will count cells with formulas if the formulas evaluate to a number.

--

Dave Peterson
From: Mike H on
Hi,

You could have responded to the 2 answers you have in your other thread.
COUNT is not a useless formula, it is excellent at what it was designed to do
and that is COUNT things and you'll get no support for this suggestion.

If your tring to count a particular type of string or number then the
excellent COUNTIF is maybe what you require and there is a full description
of how it works in Excel Help, as there is also for COUNT.
--
Mike

question.