First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
The block cipher NSABC spec -- updated
This is the updated version of the article originally posted on 26-27 July. Changes include completely re-written subsections 3.1 "Data order" and 3.5 "Bias E", more notes explaining simplicity and efficiency, clarified description, added illustrations and examples (as suggested by Tom St. Denis and others), mi... 6 Aug 2010 10:27
Podcast interview w/ Dr. Jay Kennedy re Plato's secret codes
Posted this morning at Electric Politics, a podcast interview with Dr. Jay Kennedy, of the University of Manchester, on secret musical codes in Plato's writings. Plato, it turns out, was a card-carrying Pythagorean who believed that science could explain everything. This implied, of course, that the Gods were no... 6 Aug 2010 07:10
Last CFP - Applied Computing 2010: 3 September 2010
Apologies for cross-postings. Please send to interested colleagues and students -- CALL FOR PAPERS - Deadline for submissions (last call): 3 September 2010 -- IADIS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE APPLIED COMPUTING 2010 October 14 - 16, 2010 – TIMISOARA, ROMANIA (http://www.computing-conf.org/) * Keynote Speak... 4 Aug 2010 13:36
Idea for the Schmidt-Samoa PK algorithm
I'm writing a wiki article about [among other things] the Schmidt- Samoa algorithm which works as follows 1. compute two large primes p and q and N = p^2q 2. compute d == 1/N mod lcm(p-1,q-1) Your public key is N and your private key is (d, pq) to encrypt c = m^N mod N and decrypt m = c^d mod pq ... 4 Aug 2010 19:05
Finding out how secure a cipher is
Fiziwig <fiziwig(a)gmail.com> wrote: Are there educational resources I can consult to learn how to decide if a given method of enciphering is strong or weak? As for level, I have an MS in comp sci with some graduate level math and number theory, I know only of Schneier's self-study guide, http://www.schne... 4 Aug 2010 07:04
Monitoring e-mails
Elsewhere I learned that there was recently a news about a (as I understood) new step to legally monitor the e-mail triffic of citizens. I wonder why the officials are unaware that such efforts are almost futile for them. For from the e-mails of honest people, any analysis is certainly a waste of the time of both... 30 Jul 2010 09:41
solutions manual
solutions for student team solutions.for.student(a)hotmail.com We're a team for providing solution manuals to help students in their study. We sell the books in a soft copy, PDF format. We will find any book or solution manual for you. Just email us: solutions.for.student(a)hotmail.com List of some ... 29 Jul 2010 09:41
Importance of chaos theory
I have the vague impression that chaos theory doesn't belong to the tools used/favoured by the majority of researchers in in the field of crypto. From time to time, I encounter however published articles on applications of chaos theory to crypto in reknown scientific journals, a recent one being: W. Kinzel... 7 Aug 2010 13:39
Primitive tri/pentanomials
Hello, I'm looking for a software to test if a trinomial or pentanomial with coefficients in Z2 is primitive; or perhaps, tables of such polynomials, one per degree, with some stated selection characteristic (preferably: first lexicographically, or equivalently smallest value for X=2). The closest thing that... 29 Jul 2010 07:30
Converting byte[] to ASN1 stream fails - reads until byte 22
Hi, I'm trying to convert an array of bytes ( byte[] ) into an ASN.1 DER encoded memory stream: public static Stream ASN1(byte[] b) { Asn1Encodable Asn1Obj; using (var input = new Asn1InputStream(b)) { input.Position = 0; ... 28 Jul 2010 10:46
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12