First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Cryptography Currently on the Table.
I have already laboured the point that this cryptography uses the concept of Mutual Databases and that it maps plaintext characters to such widely dispersed points in space that makes it impossible to invert the ciphertext by any mathematical algorithm albeit the means of inverting the ciphertext is mathematical pe... 6 Jul 2010 23:19
Recommend AES Program, Please
Dear sci.crypt, Please recommend where I can download an AES program with the following attributes: 1 The program should allow me to enter the key, not a passphrase. 2 It should be free 3 For Windows XP 4 The ciphertext must have the same number of bytes as the plaintext that is padded to 128 bit blocks 5 The c... 7 Jul 2010 15:41
My Cryptography that is Currently on the Joke-of-the-Day site
>There will always be a need for the cheapest cryptography available that will serve the needs of commerce at some right price and give the required degree of security for the required cover time. E-commerce, especially over the Internet, needs public-key cryptography. Your cryptography, theoretically unbreaka... 4 Jul 2010 23:10
My Cryptography that is Currently on the Table.
There will always be a need for the cheapest cryptography available that will serve the needs of commerce at some right price and give the required degree of security for the required cover time. Anything more than the required degree of security and the required cover time in commerce is redundant cover and ca... 4 Jul 2010 12:16
verify symmetric cipher key?
Hi folks Say I encrypt some data with a symmetric stream cipher. When the data is DEcrypted, is there any way to know if the right key was used or not, WITHOUT relying on known plaintext? Here's what I'm thinking: temp = CIPHER (key, plaintext + HASH (plaintext)) ciphertext = temp + MAC (key, temp... 20 Jul 2010 10:15
Call for participants
The NFS(a)Home project is moving towards factoring larger numbers. This is a call for participants. Visit: http://escatter11.fullerton.edu/nfs/ ... 26 Jul 2010 06:12
On dynamic substitutions
According to a just appeared paper of Moshe Rubin: http://www.mountainvistasoft.com/chaocipher/ActualChaocipher/Chaocipher-Revealed-Algorithm.pdf J. F. Byrne had already in 1918 employed dynamic substitutions in his (longtime undisclosed) Chaos cipher, in which the substitution alphabets get modified after eac... 4 Jul 2010 15:33
The Chaocipher algorithm revealed at last!
Ninety-two years after its invention, fifty-seven years after challenge messages were published, and after many cryptanalytic researchers unsuccessfully tried to solve these challenge messages, John F. Byrne's Chaocipher algorithm can finally be revealed. Readers of sci.crypt may recall Chaocipher-related posts o... 5 Aug 2010 05:53
Modular Scalable Key Cryptography - Completed Feasibility Model.
Like the vector cryptography described elsewhere this cryptography is also spatial but is confined to the XY plane and uses modular arithmetic rather than position vectors to map plaintext to widely dispersed points on lines in the XY plane. These lines all have different periodicity (scale) and are always used ... 2 Jul 2010 13:32
HMAC vs SHA1 with secret key
Assume I hashed my message using sha1 with a secret key e.g. $result = sha1( $message . $secret) // . is concat What are the advantage if I use the implementation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMAC#Implementation, assume the hash algo is still sha1? ... 3 Jul 2010 04:46
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last