First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
ECDSA with naive message passing
I do not know much about cryptography so any help is very much appreciated. If I wanted to broadcast a series of message of 4 bytes that was incrementing each second. '0x4C4EF473', '0x4C4EF474' etc. I have no need what so ever to hide the contents of the message – I only want to be able to tell who sent it. T... 28 Jul 2010 08:32
What could WYLBNIMGTHAD possibly mean?
My penpal from Mexico (who is studying cryptology) sent me this... mysterious message... does anyone have any clue as to what that could possibly mean? I tried rot n for n = 1 to 25, but I couldn't get anything out. Any kind of input would be greatly appreciated! :D ... 27 Jul 2010 00:51
What could WYLBNIMGTHAD possibly mean?
My penpal from Mexico (who is studying cryptology) sent me this... mysterious message... does anyone have any clue as to what that could possibly mean? I tried rot n for n = 1 to 25, but I couldn't get anything out. Any kind of input would be greatly appreciated! :D ... 31 Jul 2010 17:16
The block cipher NSABC -- specification
THE BLOCK CIPHER NSABC (Public domain) Alice Nguyenova-Stepanikova Tran Ngoc Duong <tranngocduong at gmail dot com> (corresponding author) 27th July, 2010 Abstract. We introduce NSABC/w (Near-Skipjack Algebraic Block Cipher operating on w-bit word arithmetics), a 4w-bit analogous of Skipjack ... 27 Jul 2010 12:50
Chua's treatment of Wolfram's result
There were in the past some posts in the group relating to Wolfram's work on non-linear dynamics, e.g. the thread '"Rule 30" PRNG' of r.e.s. of Jun 2002. I learned that the stuff experimentally obtained by Wolfram and given in his book has been mathematically systematically treated in L. O. Chua's (multi-volume) ... 28 Jul 2010 23:56
Note on general application of Feistel's technique
In DES, in which Feistel's technique was first commonly known, a block is divided to two fields B_1 and B_2 and one of the basic operations in the algorithm is e.g.: B_2 = F1(B_1) ^ B_2 where F1 is a key-dependent non-linear function which is different for different rounds (via the different round keys).... 1 Aug 2010 05:08
A New/Old code Just For Fun
Just for the fun of it (I'm retired with nothing better to do with my time :) I've created a new code (not cipher) based on a variation of Huffman coding but using the Roman alphabet instead of binary bits to encode English words instead of bytes of data. The code words are variable length, but self-segregating so ... 24 Jul 2010 17:45
Using an Asymmetric cipher the opposite way round.
If I wanted to publish the decryption key and keep the encryption key private (using something like RSA.) The encryption key (private): E = (n,e) The decryption key (public): D = (n,d) (This may seem strange) I would be able to encrypt messages that anyone with the public key could decrypt. I could use this ... 23 Jul 2010 11:24
Hash question
The problem: I have two unknown strings which differ by a known amount, and two hashes. To make it easier, suppose the strings and the hashes are the same length, 256 bits, and the strings differ in 32 bits. The first hash is a hash of the first string, I want to know whether the second hash is a hash of th... 21 Jul 2010 13:34
Troll "Researchers" and the Creationists
Since there isn't much actual cryptography going on lately I felt I should share a recent observation I made. Compare the style of writing of people like Adacrypt, GlobeMaker, David Scott, MKS, etc to something like this: http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/arj/v1/n1/mars-testament-catastrophe Notice an... 21 Jul 2010 20:14
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13