From: RnR on
On Wed, 5 May 2010 18:55:31 -0500, "Wayne Brownlee"
<wbrownlee(a)pldi.net> wrote:

>The conclusion goes like this, the girl in customer service was rude. But
>my son stayed after to get the owner or somebody further up to return a
>call. It took 3 days to get them to finally call back. The guy kept asking
>about did you buy 2 batteries. My son would say no. The guy finally found
>the first bill of a credit. But my son stayed after him to keep looking for
>the other charge. He said the guy yelled about 3 minutes later. He said
>somehow the shipped the second battery to somebody else, but charged ti to
>my son credit card. He will make it right.

Thank you for the update. Perhaps your son had a reason to solve it
this way but I think it would be a lot less time consuming to dispute
the charge with his credit card company and let the credit card deal
with the merchant. All you would have to tell the CC is that you were
billed for 2 items but only ordered / received one item. Often this
is the advantage of a CC purchase but not a guarantee to remove the
disputed charge. That depends on the resolution between CC and
merchant but in my experience, it has .... YMMV.