From: Wayne Brownlee on
My son ordered a new battery for his Inspiron laptop last month. I checked
here and all liked them. He got his credit card statement today and they
had charged him for 2 different orders. He needed his customer number. He
had thrown it away already. Thus they could not do anything. I just wanted
to warn other Dell laptop owners.

From: MJMIII on
I've used Pacific multiple times and never encountered this. Are you sure
your son didn't accidentally double order or click "place order" twice even
though the checkout page is specific about not doing this?

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

From: William R. Walsh on
Hi!

> He had thrown it away already. Thus they could not do anything.

Have him call back and speak with someone else. If that doesn't work,
have him contact the credit card company and dispute the charges.

I really can't say as I've ever had a bad experience with them.

And *never* throw away paperwork until everything is a done deal.
Otherwise you'll just bring Mr. Murphy out of sleeping again. :-)

William
From: Daddy on
Wayne Brownlee wrote:
> My son ordered a new battery for his Inspiron laptop last month. I checked
> here and all liked them. He got his credit card statement today and they
> had charged him for 2 different orders. He needed his customer number. He
> had thrown it away already. Thus they could not do anything. I just wanted
> to warn other Dell laptop owners.

You want to warn us to not throw away order information?

Daddy
From: Doug on
On 5/4/2010 1:51 PM, Wayne Brownlee wrote:
> My son ordered a new battery for his Inspiron laptop last month. I checked
> here and all liked them. He got his credit card statement today and they
> had charged him for 2 different orders. He needed his customer number. He
> had thrown it away already. Thus they could not do anything. I just wanted
> to warn other Dell laptop owners.

My experience with Pacific Battery has been quite the opposite.

Since I've never had a problem with an order from them I can't speak to
their problem resolution capabilities but, I find it very difficult to
believe they refused to talk to you for lack of a customer number.

Since they took your CC they also took your name, address, phone number
etc.. IOW they have multiple ways of tracking your order/customer number.

They sent emails with order confirmation shipping/tracking etc... These
would have had your customer number.

So, the story is, he received the order, threw out the paper work,
deleted the emails, emptied the trash and Pacific wouldn't talk to you?

The motive is a mystery but, the post is fishy.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: comments please
Next: Customer Number