From: mpm on
On Mar 22, 9:04 pm, "Skybuck Flying" <IntoTheFut...(a)hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Sigh, I haven't looked at the cpu fan up close yet... too lazy to work on
> the pc at the moment... and I have other things to do... ;) :)
>
> Bye,
>   Skybuck.

Really?
Like finding your Ritalin prescription...??
From: Archimedes' Lever on
On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 14:33:36 -0700 (PDT), "larry moe 'n curly"
<larrymoencurly(a)my-deja.com> wrote:

>I usually take apart a fan and clean it before lubing it. Use light
>machine oil, not WD-40 or silicone oil, and lube not only the bearings
>but also apply tiny amounts of oil to any thrust washers, even plastic
>ones. If you find any gouged washers, replace them (real hardware
>stores like Ace or True Value, parts from other fans). Sealed ball
>bearings usually can't be lubed, but with unsealed ones try to clean
>out the old grease and apply fresh lithium grease, not Vaseline.
>
>You can't break off fan blades unless you're drunk, high on coke, or
>apply way, way too much force and forgot to first remove the circlip
>or split washer that holds the shaft in place. The clip can be
>removed with a jeweler's screwdriver.

You're nuts. They're a dime a dozen. Shitcan, replace, save half hour
of your time, move on.

It really is a throw away society. Shame they it isn't a titanium
housed, precision bearing equipped, 100 year lifespan fan, but the fact
is that it isn't.

My time is worth far more than that. Spending the weekend working on a
new Home Theater/Gaming machine was far more satisfying.

The truly dumb part of this idiot's thread is that it got cross posted
to so many groups. I have had the same PC for the last 5 years, and this
skytard idiot has gone through what? 4 machines in that time? Dust?

BULLSHIT! Total and utter stupidity is the reason.
From: larry moe 'n curly on

Archimedes' Lever wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 14:33:36 -0700 (PDT), "larry moe 'n curly"
> <larrymoencurly(a)my-deja.com> wrote:
>
> > I usually take apart a fan and clean it before lubing it.
>
> You're nuts. They're a dime a dozen. Shitcan, replace, save half hour
> of your time, move on.

A half hour for servicing a fan??? Even when I lived almost across
the street from Fry's Electronics, it took me less time to clean &
lube a fan than to buy a new one.

From: larry moe 'n curly on

Skybuck Flying wrote:

> Oh those fan blades break real easy...
>
> It's like a lever, like so:
>
> /<- push here
> /
> /
> /
> /
> --------------
>
> ^ snaps there.
>
> Ouch ! ;)

No, they don't, because nobody presses there on purpose.
From: Skybuck Flying on

"larry moe 'n curly" <larrymoencurly(a)my-deja.com> wrote in message

> Skybuck Flying wrote:
>>
>> Oh those fan blades break real easy...
>>
>> It's like a lever, like so:
>>
>> /<- push here
>> /
>> /
>> /
>> /
>>
>> ^ snaps there.
>>
>> Ouch ! ;)
>
> No, they don't, because nobody presses there on purpose.

As clueless newbies try to open the fan, and try to clean it they most
certainly will ! ;)

Bye,
Skybuck :)