From: Skybuck Flying on
I can confirm your weirdness in a way...

What happens on my system is very weird too, to me it definetly seems like a
bug or hardware malfunction, not necessaryily a dirty fan shaft.

What happens is the following:

1. I turn my computer on for the first time.

2. The cpu fan speeds up at full throttle.

3. The bios starts booting.

4. When it's done booting it displays a waiting message, a countdown.

During this count down the cpu fan shuts down completely. It just stops
spinning which is very weird.

5. Then as I press reset and the computer reboots, the cpu fan starts
spinning again at full speed.

Then as the countdown happens the cpu fan spins at medium speed.

My conclusion:

It's probably a bug in the hardware/software/bios, not necessarily a dirty
fan shaft, because that wouldn't make sense...

Why would it stop the first time and spin the second time ?

^ very strange indeed.

I suspect foil play... I suspect that this bug has been introduced into the
bios software on purpose to kill my hardware after a few years.

I further suspect that if a customer was to call the service line they would
say: "just reboot" and see what happens... and then ofcourse the bug would
magically disappear... and then they would say: "see no problem" ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.

From: Skybuck Flying on
I have an idea though:

I will download the bios software from the bios chip onto a floppy disk.

Then I will try and find a bios hardware simulator and execute the bios
inside the simulator.

Maybe something weird will happen in the simulator as well...

If the saboteurs were smart they would have modified the download process as
well... to give me a fake image.

But maybe they can't influence the download process and thus their foil
activities would become apperent ! ;) :)

Bye,
Skybuck.

From: Skybuck Flying on
The situation has become even more absurd:

"Now during boot I am required to press reset twice" otherwise the cpu fan
would still stop after the first reset.

It's almost as if there is a counter which says: "now you must reset twice"
?!?

Bye,
Skybuck.

From: Pieyed Piper on
On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 00:33:14 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
<IntoTheFuture(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>The situation has become even more absurd:
>
>"Now during boot I am required to press reset twice" otherwise the cpu fan
>would still stop after the first reset.
>
>It's almost as if there is a counter which says: "now you must reset twice"
>?!?
>
>Bye,
> Skybuck.

You shouldn't use the reset button to restart your machine, idiot.

You should ALWAYS power down with the POWER switch. Even if it takes
holding it for four seconds. You should always power up from it as well,
or a keyboard power switch or other trigger.

The reset switch is only for a hung machine.

You are the cause of every problem you ever had with every computer you
ever owned.
From: Skybuck Flying on

"Pieyed Piper" <pieyedPiper(a)thebongshopattheendoftheuniverse.org> wrote in
message news:t0kar5pfb12b1qpcu5okeqosbf6srk4h67(a)4ax.com...
> On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 00:33:14 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
> <IntoTheFuture(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>The situation has become even more absurd:
>>
>>"Now during boot I am required to press reset twice" otherwise the cpu fan
>>would still stop after the first reset.
>>
>>It's almost as if there is a counter which says: "now you must reset
>>twice"
>>?!?
>>
>>Bye,
>> Skybuck.
>>
> You shouldn't use the reset button to restart your machine, idiot.

And why would that be ? ;)

> You should ALWAYS power down with the POWER switch. Even if it takes
> holding it for four seconds. You should always power up from it as well,
> or a keyboard power switch or other trigger.

Sounds like bad advice to me...

And in this case it wouldn't even work since the fan would just stop again !
;)

> The reset switch is only for a hung machine.
>
> You are the cause of every problem you ever had with every computer you
> ever owned.

Sure thing dude, blame it all on Skybuck ! LOL.

Bye,
Skybuck.