From: Woody on
Pd <peterd.news(a)gmail.invalid> wrote:
> D.M. Procida <real-not-anti-spam-address(a)apple-juice.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I have some DHB Marsden panniers
>
> What is the sequence you follow in posting messages to the wrong
> newsgroup? Do you mis-select the group in the groups list, hit
> Cmd-Shift-N?
>
> I don't understand how it is possible to make this mistake as often as
> you do.

It's a pretty easy mistake to make in macsoup if you are writing a new
message without the group window open.

--
Woody
From: zoara on
D.M. Procida <real-not-anti-spam-address(a)apple-juice.co.uk> wrote:

> I reckon there's no chance of getting spares, but it seems a weak
> point
> in the design - has anyone else fixed them?

Just pedal backwards while holding the option key.

-z-

--
email: nettid1 at fastmail dot fm
From: Mark Ingle on
D.M. Procida <real-not-anti-spam-address(a)apple-juice.co.uk> wrote:

> I have some DHB Marsden panniers - like:
>
> Unfortunately I have lost the sliding clip (not the top hooks) on both
> of them.
>
> I reckon there's no chance of getting spares, but it seems a weak point
> in the design - has anyone else fixed them?

I've got a set of DHB waterproof panniers, which I got as they were
cheaper than the Vaude and Ortileb ones.

The sliding clip has come off on a number of occasions, though
thankfully I have not lost either of the clips. This tends to happen
when one is putting the pannier on; on one of my bikes, the rack is
designed in such a way that because of the height of the clip, it is
almost impossible to clip under the rack... so I agree that the design
is not brilliant.

I don't think spares are available though it may be worth e-mailing
Wiggle who sell a lot of DHB stuff - I suppose that is the price one
must pay for buying something cheap.

I've used the panniers on occasion without the clips and they didn't
seem too bad; for a longer ride I suppose you could wrap round some
bungee straps.

From: Richard Tobin on
In article <1jll8tw.zz9seel3d149N%real-not-anti-spam-address(a)apple-juice.co.uk>,
D.M. Procida <real-not-anti-spam-address(a)apple-juice.co.uk> wrote:
>Unfortunately I have lost the sliding clip (not the top hooks) on both
>of them.

Get one of these and make your own:

http://reprap.org/wiki/Main_Page

-- Richard