From: Bertram on
Further info:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>dnscmd servername
/createbuiltindirectorypartitions /domain

Create built-in directory partitions failed
status = 13 (0x0000000d)

Command failed: ERROR_INVALID_DATA 13 (0000000d)

When I try dnscmd /enumdirectorypartitions

From: Bertram on
Further info:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>dnscmd servername
/createbuiltindirectorypartitions /domain

Create built-in directory partitions failed
status = 13 (0x0000000d)

Command failed: ERROR_INVALID_DATA 13 (0000000d)

When I try dnscmd /enumdirectorypartitions, I am told there are 0!!!

From: strongline on
1. you can use ntdsutil to list all naming context you have
2. you can create a brand new user, make "enterprise admin" and "domain
admin" the only containing groups. use this user to create the zones
again. It's likely to fail again, but it rules out the permission issue
3. run "netdom query fsmo" to see that this DC is still the owner of
"domain naming master"
4. reboot the server and try again
5. check any errors in "dcdiag /v" (actually a full Directory Service
version of MPSreport is desired. if you want, you can send it to me)

From: Jorge de Almeida Pinto [MVP] on
ok... back to basics...

is that DC the domain naming master FSMO?

NETDOM QUERY FSMO to find out who is the domain naming master FSMO?

is it that live DC or is it some other DC that does not exist anymore? if
true, you need to seize the FSMO role ans possibly other roles

--

Cheers,
(HOPEFULLY THIS INFORMATION HELPS YOU!)

# Jorge de Almeida Pinto # MVP Windows Server - Directory Services

BLOG --> http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/jorge/default.aspx
* This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights!
* Always test before implementing!

From: strongline on
he did mention that he has only one DC.