From: JD on
On 07/06/2010 8:06 PM, Alex Clayton wrote:
> "JD" <No.Reply(a)Sorry.com> wrote in message
>> On 07/06/2010 4:02 PM, Alex Clayton wrote:
>>> "- Bobb -" <bobb(a)noemail.123> wrote in message
>>>>

>>> It will depend on quality, and provider. I make a copy of DVDs so I can
>>> watch them when I want then delete them. Most standard DVDs are around
>>> 7.5 GIGs. Blu-Rays are about 6 times that. They can be compressed
>>> different amounts, even as far as 1/7th , but you loose quality. If you
>>> have a nice TV you will really see it.
>>
>> yes most DVD's are dual layer, but the digital copy I believe he is
>> referring to is provided so that you dont rip/ circumvent the
>> protection on the DVD I think BLU-Ray discs were the first to do it,
>> I'm pretty sure it will be a compressed AVI or similar I doubt the
>> want people downloading Huge amounts of data from them, but I could be
>> wrong.
>>
>> JD
>>

> Yep I was assuming he is talking about the downloads that allow you to
> watch the movie only. I would assume they are compressed to some extent
> to make it easier to load. I have never tried one of these since I doubt
> they have been able to get around the quality loss doing this. Even with
> a 50% compression I can see a big difference when watched on a good TV.
> This was why I long ago just started making a copy of the thing that was
> not compressed. Then after watching it I delete it, but I have no doubt
> a lot of less honest people make copies to give or sell. The big movie
> studios did this to themselves though. Real came out with a program to
> allow people to make a copy but it added DRM's so they could not make
> copies to sell or give away. The big studios fought them and won, so now
> people are left with the software that will allow them to make copies
> that have no DRM on them. Some times it seems that people in charge of
> these companies, who must be smart to have gotten to where they are,
> seem to be incredibly stupid in the things they do.

I remember the software you are talking about, there was also DVD X Copy
from 321 studio's which worked along the same lines you could copy any
Original DVD but it would put a small txt file on the disc and if you
tried to copy the copy it would not let you, for the same reason it was
supposed to be for legitimately backing up your disc's

JD

From: Alex Clayton on

> I remember the software you are talking about, there was also DVD X Copy
> from 321 studio's which worked along the same lines you could copy any
> Original DVD but it would put a small txt file on the disc and if you
> tried to copy the copy it would not let you, for the same reason it was
> supposed to be for legitimately backing up your disc's
>
> JD

Yep they fight software that actually protects the studios, then all that
leaves is the stuff that offers them no protection.
<shrug>
Moderation is for monks."

[Lazarus Long]

From: . on
On 6/06/2010 12:09 PM, - Bobb - wrote:
> First time I'd seen this on a DVD. Can someone familiar with it tell me - if
> I go to WB site and download " My Digital Copy " of Batman - the Dark
> Knight, how long would it take to download a 2.5 hr movie ? and how much
> disk space ? Do most/any of you elect to do so ?

Go and buy the movie..been out for a while
under $20 by now surely.
buy
http://www.dvdfab.com/
or/&
http://www.aoamedia.com/dvd_ripper.htm
From: JD on
On 10/06/2010 5:54 PM, . wrote:
> On 6/06/2010 12:09 PM, - Bobb - wrote:
>> First time I'd seen this on a DVD. Can someone familiar with it tell
>> me - if
>> I go to WB site and download " My Digital Copy " of Batman - the Dark
>> Knight, how long would it take to download a 2.5 hr movie ? and how much
>> disk space ? Do most/any of you elect to do so ?
>>

> Go and buy the movie..been out for a while
> under $20 by now surely.
> buy
> http://www.dvdfab.com/
> or/&
> http://www.aoamedia.com/dvd_ripper.htm

He has the DVD, its a Free Digital Copy, DVD Fab is not free nether is
AoA, DVD fab is an excellent converter tho, can convert to mobile
devices as well as rip DVD's

JD
From: . on
On 11/06/2010 3:12 AM, JD wrote:
> On 10/06/2010 5:54 PM, . wrote:
>> On 6/06/2010 12:09 PM, - Bobb - wrote:
>>> First time I'd seen this on a DVD. Can someone familiar with it tell
>>> me - if
>>> I go to WB site and download " My Digital Copy " of Batman - the Dark
>>> Knight, how long would it take to download a 2.5 hr movie ? and how much
>>> disk space ? Do most/any of you elect to do so ?
>>>

>> Go and buy the movie..been out for a while
>> under $20 by now surely.
>> buy
>> http://www.dvdfab.com/
>> or/&
>> http://www.aoamedia.com/dvd_ripper.htm
>
> He has the DVD, its a Free Digital Copy, DVD Fab is not free neither is
> AoA, DVD fab is an excellent converter tho, can convert to mobile
> devices as well as rip DVD's
>
> JD

Digitaled my entire DVD collection
to harddrive.