From: JD on
On 10/06/2010 6:24 PM, . wrote:
> On 11/06/2010 3:12 AM, JD wrote:
>>>>

>>> Go and buy the movie..been out for a while
>>> under $20 by now surely.
>>> buy
>>> http://www.dvdfab.com/
>>> or/&
>>> http://www.aoamedia.com/dvd_ripper.htm
>>
>> He has the DVD, its a Free Digital Copy, DVD Fab is not free neither is
>> AoA, DVD fab is an excellent converter tho, can convert to mobile
>> devices as well as rip DVD's
>>
>> JD
>
> Digitaled my entire DVD collection
> to harddrive.

I've Done a very small amount of my collection, wont be doing it all I
have over 600 DVD's I'd need a few TB to put all that on there lol.

JD

From: . on
On 11/06/2010 4:08 AM, JD wrote:
> On 10/06/2010 6:24 PM, . wrote:

>>> He has the DVD, its a Free Digital Copy, DVD Fab is not free neither is
>>> AoA, DVD fab is an excellent converter tho, can convert to mobile
>>> devices as well as rip DVD's
>>>
>>> JD
>>
>> Digitaled my entire DVD collection
>> to harddrive.
>
> I've Done a very small amount of my collection, wont be doing it all I
> have over 600 DVD's I'd need a few TB to put all that on there lol.
>
> JD

Between 2 to 3TB, and a lot of hours converting :(
From: UCLAN on
.. wrote:

>> First time I'd seen this on a DVD. Can someone familiar with it tell
>> me - if
>> I go to WB site and download " My Digital Copy " of Batman - the Dark
>> Knight, how long would it take to download a 2.5 hr movie ? and how much
>> disk space ? Do most/any of you elect to do so ?
>
> Go and buy the movie..been out for a while
> under $20 by now surely.
> buy
> http://www.dvdfab.com/
> or/&
> http://www.aoamedia.com/dvd_ripper.htm

Under $10 for *BD* or DVD at Amazon. NEW.
From: - Bobb - on

"." <.@.com> wrote in message
> On 11/06/2010 3:12 AM, JD wrote:
>>>>
> Digitaled my entire DVD collection
> to harddrive.

Does PC have multiple outputs ? so you watch on TV maybe ?
Ballpark figures ...
how many hours of movies ?
How much disk space used ?
How long to do it ?

From: JD on
On 10/06/2010 7:56 PM, - Bobb - wrote:
> "."<.@.com> wrote in message
>>>>>
>> Digitaled my entire DVD collection
>> to harddrive.
>
> Does PC have multiple outputs ? so you watch on TV maybe ?
> Ballpark figures ...
> how many hours of movies ?
> How much disk space used ?
> How long to do it ?

I have a Media PC, HDMI, S-Video, DVI , S-VGA, ATI 4350, Passive Cooled,
awesome media card also very cheap.

I convert a DVD to about 1.4 GB using Media Coder (Free Open Source)
Settings Xvid 2046Kbps Avg Bit rate, Lame MP3 @ 128Kbit, Container AVI

Conversion time on an i5 750 @ 2.6Ghz (4 Cores) 1Hr 26min Movie (from
DVD) 38 mins, output size 1.4 GB

JD