From: mie via AccessMonster.com on
Access 2007. I used that syntax in my applications. Have you heard anywhere
that style will give problems in future?

i have application with >12000 line of codes. if that style will give me
trouble, better careful next time.
Your opinion much appreciated..

From: Cesarini on
Hi Againg guys,

I´ve tried both ways, and they are giving me the "#Error" text instead of
the sumary amount.

As I said, the error message gets off and It shows the right amount after I
click in the "+" sign of the DataSheet.

Please I need to solve this. I have made tests too without sucess. :-(

I do not understand why the error comes up if I click directly in the forms
name in the Access toolbar. If I click in the view option in design mode, the
error disapear and the sumary is shown.

Many thanks for yours feedbacks

Regards

--
------------------
César Parrales

From: Douglas J. Steele on
My advice would be to correct it now before you add more lines of code.

As I've said, each version of Access has introduced stricter implementation
of syntax checking, so it's always possible that sloppy syntax may work now,
but not later.

From: Cesarini on
Help would be helpful

Thanks,
--
------------------
César Parrales

From: mie via AccessMonster.com on
Cesarini wrote:
>Hi Againg guys,
>
>I´ve tried both ways, and they are giving me the "#Error" text instead of
>the sumary amount.
>
>As I said, the error message gets off and It shows the right amount after I
>click in the "+" sign of the DataSheet.
As far as i know, the only ways you can have "+" sign in "datasheet view"
when you used "Table " as Source Object, and by " summary amount", do you
mean "Totals"?

If that the case, the syntax Arvin suggested will not worked...

>Please I need to solve this. I have made tests too without sucess. :-(
>
>I do not understand why the error comes up if I click directly in the forms
>name in the Access toolbar. If I click in the view option in design mode, the
>error disapear and the sumary is shown.
>
>Many thanks for yours feedbacks
>
>Regards
>
> --
>César Parrales
>
>> What version of Access? Older versions let you be sloppy with the syntax:
>> Access 2007 (and presumably Access 2010) is much fussier, so using the
>[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]
>>
>> .

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2