From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 08:39:40 -0500, "Nik" <test> wrote:

>30GB of free space in what size database?
>When I used perfmon and check the MSExchangeIS Mailbox - Total size of
>recoverable Items I have 30,682,377

But how big is the database? 30GB of free space in a 200GB file isn't
too much.

30MB of recoverable items isn't anything to worry about.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: Nik on
Hey Rich,
I have 3 stores on this server.
Store1 155GB
Total Count of Recoverable items 460,573
Total Size of Recoverable Items 24GB+
Store2 61GB
Total Count of Recoverable items 72,671
Total Size of Recoverable Items 6GB+

Store3 116GB
Total Count of Recoverable items 0
Total Size of Recoverable Items 0

I've moved mailboxes to a new server which should have resulted in 18+GB
additional free space on my drive. However, I did not get any of this my
drive still reports the same free space 5GB

your thoughts

From: Tarun Verma on
Hi Nik,

What I understood by your message is you have exchange database with 30 GB
ISFree space (white space) which also can be seen by filter event ID 1221.
Now there is only 5 GB Free space left on the same drive.

If above things are correct then I would suggest;

Need temporary drive with capacity at least 110% of the exchange db file to
keep temp defrag db file.
Can defrag the DB using eseutil /d <db path> /t <temp drive letter>:\temp.edb

Feel free to revert in case of any query or confusion.

Regards,
Tarun Verma

From: Nik on
Thanks I will work on this probably next weekend as this weekend would be
too short notice and let you guys know.

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 10:53:40 -0500, "Nik" <test> wrote:

>Hey Rich,
>I have 3 stores on this server.
>Store1 155GB
> Total Count of Recoverable items 460,573
> Total Size of Recoverable Items 24GB+
>Store2 61GB
>Total Count of Recoverable items 72,671
> Total Size of Recoverable Items 6GB+
>
>Store3 116GB
>Total Count of Recoverable items 0
> Total Size of Recoverable Items 0

Well, "Recoverable items" aren't free space. You won't get any benefit
from running eseutil.

>I've moved mailboxes to a new server which should have resulted in 18+GB
>additional free space on my drive. However, I did not get any of this my
>drive still reports the same free space 5GB

Moving the mailboxes won't reduce the size of the database files.

If the mailbox databases are empty, dismount the databases and remove
the edb and stm files. Then mount the databases and the system will
create empty database files.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP