From: Nik on
Guys,
I have about 30GB of recoverable space on my database yet still my disk has
on 5GB free.
What is the best way to reclaim this space.
Do i do an offline defrag? Based on what I read this would not do the trick
sense since Exchange 2003SP2 handle the database differently.
All suggestions welcome.
Thanks

From: Mark Arnold [MVP] on
On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 15:17:10 -0500, "Nik" <test> wrote:

>Guys,
>I have about 30GB of recoverable space on my database yet still my disk has
>on 5GB free.
>What is the best way to reclaim this space.
>Do i do an offline defrag? Based on what I read this would not do the trick
>sense since Exchange 2003SP2 handle the database differently.
>All suggestions welcome.
>Thanks

That would be utterly pointless. Get a larger disk and move your mail
store to it.
From: Nik on
Can you explain why?

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 15:17:10 -0500, "Nik" <test> wrote:

>Guys,
>I have about 30GB of recoverable space on my database yet still my disk has
>on 5GB free.

30GB of free space in what size database?

>What is the best way to reclaim this space.

Move the mailboxes to a new database, then delete the current one.

>Do i do an offline defrag?

You don't have enough disk space to do that.

>Based on what I read this would not do the trick
>sense since Exchange 2003SP2 handle the database differently.

Differently to what?
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: Nik on
30GB of free space in what size database?
When I used perfmon and check the MSExchangeIS Mailbox - Total size of
recoverable Items I have 30,682,377

Differently to what?
That's a good question, I did not bother to dig deeper.