From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"Joe Kotroczo" <kotroczo(a)mac.com> wrote in message
> On 25/03/2010 18:41, in article
> 0qWdnWGRj6DnMzbWnZ2dnUVZ_vWdnZ2d(a)earthlink.com, "George's Pro Sound Co."
> <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> (...)
>>>
>>> If someone specs Bose and you bid it and make money, good. But its
>>> usually
>>> NOT the most cost effective solution.
>>

>> Cost effective and most profitable are often in conflict
>> you need limited distribution to reduce the number of local bidders able
>> meet the job spec
>>
>> and quite honestly none of the instal stuff is upto muster compared to
>> live
>> sound gear, but when I sell bose I get list, when I sell soundolier I am
>> lucky to get 20 over cost
>
> My point exactly. That's thinking like a salesman, and if there's one
> thing
> I don't want to be it's a salesman. If all I wanted was to make lots of
> money, I would have become a banker.

acvtually thinking like a business owner
I guess you go by the time honored plan of how to make a small fortune doing
sound, start with a large fortune
sorry joe that doesn't work for me and artistic satisfaction does not pay my
sons college tuition, or the mortgage

> Doesn't change the fact that every time I encounter an installed Bose
> system, usually in a club or similar, I always, and I mean always, walk
> out
> again with a headache and ringing ears. And it always, and I mean always,
> sound shite.

club? this is not entertainment systems we are talking about, it is complex
distributed BGM multi zone pageing and life saftey, this aint no club Joe
this is at least as involved technically as any concert rig

> All the best with your venture, George, and may you make lots of money.

I will joe, and gain the satisfaction of a better understanding of sound,
and how to meet a clients needs and walk away with a good profit
the diffrence between me and most of the guys here is most of the posters
here only need to consider what they get as a piece of the pie, I have to
gather the ingredients, find a kitchen, mix and bake that pie before
anything is available for the rank and file to grab a slice
and it is a whole diffrent mindset when it is "YOUR" name on the business
cert , bottom corner of the paychecks and insurance documents
peace
george

From: Denny Strauser on
George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:
> "Joe Kotroczo" <kotroczo(a)mac.com> wrote in message
><snipped>
> peace
> george

I did a show w/ Todd Rundgren a couple years ago. He brought his own
Bose sidefill monitors:
http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/speakers/portable_amplification_systems/l1_model2/l1_model2_singlebass_tonematch_pkg.jsp

- Denny
From: Denny Strauser on
Denny Strauser wrote:
> George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:
>> "Joe Kotroczo" <kotroczo(a)mac.com> wrote in message <snipped> peace
>> george
>
> I did a show w/ Todd Rundgren a couple years ago. He brought his own
> Bose sidefill monitors:
> http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/speakers/portable_amplification_systems/l1_model2/l1_model2_singlebass_tonematch_pkg.jsp

BTW, they had preset modeling for numerous mics.
And I've heard that their noise canceling headphones are superior. They
were the first to research & produce them. The original ones were used
by the military & they are used by almost all helicopter pilots today.
Not the Quiet Plus you read about in magazines, but ....
- Denny
From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"Denny Strauser" <dsdennysound(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:
>> "Joe Kotroczo" <kotroczo(a)mac.com> wrote in message <snipped> peace
>> george
>
> I did a show w/ Todd Rundgren a couple years ago. He brought his own Bose
> sidefill monitors:
> http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/speakers/portable_amplification_systems/l1_model2/l1_model2_singlebass_tonematch_pkg.jsp
this is the mainframe to the system I was being trained on
http://pro.bose.com/ProController?event=VIEW_STATIC_PAGE_EVENT&url=/pro/products/controlspace_esp88.jsp
sort of similar to bss soundweb but way more powerful and infinatly more
programable
George

From: Jason Lavoie on
On Mar 25, 2:41 pm, "George's Pro Sound Co." <bm...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> > If someone specs Bose and you bid it and make money, good. But its usually
> > NOT the most cost effective solution.
>
> Cost effective and most profitable are often in conflict
> you need limited distribution to reduce the number of local bidders able to
> meet the job spec

.... If you want to fleece the customer as much as possible..

and to be honest, the products that I have exclusive distribution
rights for are the hardest to sell, because no one else will bid on
them.
I'm better off specifying something that will bring multiple bids, and
then the customer KNOWS that they are getting a good price from me.
not just that they're getting a brand name that they read about in a
magazine on the airoplane or saw on an infomercial.

Jason
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Kick drum mic placement