From: Eef Hartman on
LSMFT <boleyn7(a)aol.com> wrote:
> Mplayer will play .wmv files.

WHEN you've installed the right codecs (M$ DLL's)....
** Eef Hartman, Delft University of Technology, dept. SSC/ICT **
** e-mail: E.J.M.Hartman(a)tudelft.nl - phone: +31-15-27 82525 **
From: Malcolm on
On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 08:20:12 -0400

http://opensuse-community.org/Restricted_Formats
http://en.opensuse.org/Restricted_Formats

--
Cheers Malcolm ��� (Linux Counter #276890)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.32.12-0.7-default

From: WLS on
On Wed, 09 Jun 2010 23:15:17 -0400, LSMFT wrote:

> When I click on an mp3 file Banshee starts and can't play the song. I
> want mplayer to start and it does play the song. How to make Mplayer the
> default player?

Find an mp3 file, right click on it, select Properties, select Open With,
select the application you want to use for mp3's. All mp3's should open
with that application after that.

If Mplayer is not listed, you can add it.

--
openSUSE 11.2x86_64 (Gnome 2.28.2) | AMD Athlon(tm) 64 3000+ | 2GB RAM
From: LSMFT on
WLS wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Jun 2010 23:15:17 -0400, LSMFT wrote:
>
>> When I click on an mp3 file Banshee starts and can't play the song. I
>> want mplayer to start and it does play the song. How to make Mplayer the
>> default player?
>
> Find an mp3 file, right click on it, select Properties, select Open With,
> select the application you want to use for mp3's. All mp3's should open
> with that application after that.
>
> If Mplayer is not listed, you can add it.

Not the case. Even if mplayer is still open after a song has played,
clicking on another mp3 caused banshee to open again.
I have gnome mplayer as default in properties.

--
LSMFT

I don't like to interrupt her.
From: Martin on
On 10/06/10 14:19, LSMFT wrote:
> Malcolm wrote:
>> On Wed, 09 Jun 2010 23:15:17 -0400
>> LSMFT<boleyn7(a)aol.com> wrote:
>>
>>> When I click on an mp3 file Banshee starts and can't play the song.
>>> I want mplayer to start and it does play the song.
>>> How to make Mplayer the default player?
>>>

>> Hi
>> Control Center -> Prefered Applications -> multimedia tab.
>>

> Banshee still starts when clicking on an mp3 even though I put Gnome
> mplayer as default. Maybe I have to uninstall Banshee.

I have Banshee installed. I get the same result as you do.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: More Kde 4.3 problems
Next: Failed boot